Free NoiseAware, discounted minut from airbnb!

OTW…

1 Like

I don’t see any harm in posting the link here. Here it is:

1 Like

We have several Minuts in our whole-house rental. They are placed in discrete places that are not easily accessed.

Our objective was to monitor temperature more than noise. We don’t have smart air conditioning (they are older split units with a hand-held remote control). We can check the Minut to see if the guests left the AC on - and we can get some idea of how much usage the AC gets.

You can program the alert level on the noise, so a party doesn’t have to be really loud for the alarm to go off.

It also allows us some monitoring when no one is supposed to be in the house.

4 Likes

This is why I would like one for my own house. Thanks for the review!

2 Likes

I got the Minut as well. I was looking into an ac monitor as well as a security system for the house that would detect someone in the house when they shouldn’t be, but I didn’t want a camera or something that guests would (1) freak out about (2) screw up and set off. This looked like a great solution, glad to hear you like it!

2 Likes

Thought I’d follow up here, since we closed up our house for awhile, and installed the Minut while we were there. We don’t have a way to do a remotely monitored thermostat but I want to keep an eye on the temperature. That was a plus to the Minut that I didn’t initially consider. The purchase has been great, and I love the little booger!

It has a silent alarm feature and a nightlight. I can control it from a very simple app.

This is it in our main hallway.

These are some of the screens from the app.

Main:

Individual unit status:

Breakdown of a couple of the categories (there are more, this is just the top page):

Security log:

2 Likes