Fraud on my airbnb account

We are a high user of airbnb and love the places we stay but rapidly becoming unsure of security. Someone hacked into my account, changed currency to YEN from NZ$ and charged over $4000 of accom charges to my credit card. Airbnb say it is high priority but after 80 hours since charges appeared and still no action it is all just hot air. I emailed airbnb with six charge amounts and bank reference numbers to email bank to say reverse charges but after 48 hours still nothing. Three charges are accom and the next day three charges for theft and damage, how is this allowed to happen ? The damage and theft appeared on our credit card AFTER they started investigating.

Didn’t you notify your credit card company immediately after first fraudulent charges were made?

yes we did immediately but they said let airbnb handle it and even if we cancel the credit card (which we have now done) the charges will still go through.

Hi @Carlene

You have joined a forum for Airbnb hosts so this is not something we can help with.

If Airbnb haven’t come back to you, you will need to call them. I presume you’ve changed the password on your account?

1 Like