First guest I CAN'T STAND IN MY HOME!

It’s the simple things that make me smile and get through dealing with my full on guest!

2 Likes

Well after being told by @jaquo that I had binged as I’d eaten a large slice of cake, I did eventually go the whole hog tonight & ate a family sized trifle ALL TO MYSELF! Greedy me. Did I enjoy it? OH YEAH!
Husband knew not to come near it as there would have been a risk to life and limb (his)
Guest asked me tonight could I iron his clothes as I was ironing anyway.
Er no… But feel free to use the iron when I’ve finished.
Now my thoughts are on tomorrow and what I can eat in celebration!
(for those that think I’m a pig… I have been to the gym 6 times this week so feel justified in pigging out a few times this week)

6 Likes

Stories like this are why I don’t allow more than 3 week bookings. And I have a private guest suite with NO shared space.
It say a lot that this guy is such a pain in the ass and he STILL wants to stay. The filters in his brain are not right. You may not have even seen the worst of him. Deny this clown!

1 Like

Home made meringues, with passion fruit coulis and cream, with slivers/dusting of Lindt dark chocolate. I make them for several eateries, but can’t cook a cake to save my life…

5 Likes

Sounds amazing… I can bake a great cake… Granddaughters birthdays etc but couldn’t make a decent meringue if my life depended on it😂

I just told a guy that my friend broke her hip and had to stay in the room so he had to leave by The Weeknd. We all do it. Don’t feel bad. But don’t count on the fact that he won’t downgrade your rating anyway.

1 Like

Good for you for standing your ground! Some guests really try to take advantage of hospitable people like us. We need to learn to draw a line and say NO. I bet the previous host had issues with him, too.

5 Likes

The more I think about it the more I think the previous host has blocked out these dates just to be rid of him!
He just doesn’t understand that he has his space & we have ours.
I said to knock our door if he needed anything but he just opened the door tonight & walked in. Its a violation of our privacy but thank goodness he’s gone tomorrow.
Weather is looking great for tomorrow so I may just celebrate having my home back with a rhubarb and ginger G&T & I promise you all I will let it go & move on!

5 Likes

Google "Delia Smith Petits Mont Blancs. " I cut the sugar down by an ounce as hers are really too sweet. I can buy egg whites in a carton in the UK, plus bottles of passion fruit coulis from the supermarket. Trust me, they are a doddle to make; have a go. It’s great fun watching people eat them too; really, really messy!

Inside my small home (1300 sf), I have a 3 night limit. It’s really just a place to lay your head while enjoying tourist stuff. In the cabin, I have 7 night limit. After awhile, even decent people begin to feel too comfortable and cross normal guest/host barriers.

3 Likes

THAT’s why I seriously limit stays–3 days inside my tiny home, 7 days in the cabin outback. “Familiarity breeds contempt” and “Fish and guests stink after 3 days” are cliches for a reason. I realize not everyone is in the position to turn away guests, but my properties are full every weekend, and that’s enough for this full-time teacher.

3 Likes

hey, I accept cake in the mail! :laughing::laughing::birthday:Ever hear that pop song Cake By the Ocean? Wait, I don’t think they were actually talking about cake there. :laughing:

I love me some good old fashioned chocolate cake with vanilla icing and ice cream. YUM!

2 Likes

Just one? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Sounds scrummy. I’m going to give it a go this weekend.
Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Never just one! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Today was coffee, date and walnut cake with caramel drizzle…its very therapeutic baking it but more so eating it :birthday:

2 Likes

Trust me I wouldn’t have enough will power to actually put it in the box :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Another tip… I had to experiment with oven temperatures, as they can all differ by minute degrees.

I did it Joan!
Not a great success first time round but second attempt was lovely.
I’ll only use this recipe now… Thank you!

1 Like

It sounds awesome, take a photo of it. I have to stop eating cakes and cookies. In my 20s I was a skinny Minnie and could eat anything at all and lots of it but now, not so much! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like