First bad guests; would like help/advice with the review

Sure, at your price point you can afford to give away sheets to careless guests.

My suite is at low season and $49/night. A new set runs $80. One of my draws is good quality linens. I utterly hate microfiber sheets so don’t provide them to guests.

A one nighter did this to my nice Pima cotton sheets this weekend, top and fitted sheet. I have requested payment. I could care less if they retaliate with a bad review.

1 Like

I have not had any complaints, another bonus is they dry fast on the line:)

RR

1 Like

That’s too much for a $49 room, YOU don’t have to like the sheets as long as your guest do!

RR

Agree with RRR, even if you want to go cotton, you should be able to find sheets in the $30-$40 range.

Example,

ALso check out places like TJMax, Homegoods, ect…

2 Likes

No one is going to complain. It’s just one of those things that people won’t be able to put their finger on. It depends on the listing I guess. It’s like someone having a Hudson Bay point blanket and someone has a fleece blanket. Is the guest actually going to complain about the blanket?

1 Like

I had microfibre sheets and at first I loved them because they were soft and also quick to dry but it didn’t take long for them to start pilling, also hairs get stuck in them and are difficult to get out, sometimes you have to use tweezers. So I switched to cotton and would never go back. I stock up during the half-price sales.

2 Likes

Right on with you on that: guests will negatively mention stains or perhaps thread bare old in a review and they won’t tell you to up the quality of your $20 sheets in a $250 listing, but I am sure a lot can tell the difference.

1 Like

What is that? Ink?

That’s awful! Were you able to get it out? Was it ink? I had a guest stain a sheet and it looked like that but I didn’t know what it was.

Same here. I bought them because of very good reviews but I think they are awfull.
It feels bad to the skin and the worst is hair that stuck to them .

2 Likes

You are right about the hair! I use a lint roller.

RR

Delivered by carrier pigeon

1 Like

I don’t know. It looked like ink, like maybe the pen was in their back pocket when they sat on the bed. It went all through to the mattress pad. I was able to save the mattress pad, but I do have to put that corner at the end of the bed now since the stain is still visible.

The guest who did the damage was new to the platform with no reviews and hasn’t responded yet to my request for payment. I don’t think she will, truth told. I think she’s one of those guests who abuse the platform and then disappear.

Sure, at your price point you can afford to give away sheets to careless guests.

Yup

RiverRockRetreat

11h

I had microfibre sheets and at first I loved them because they were soft and also quick to dry but it didn’t take long for them to start pilling

I think you guys are overthinking this, the beauty of cheap sheets is that they can be replaced more often.

RR

1 Like

As a guest I only care about the sheet I’m sleeping on that night I don’t care how new it is. I hate mf sheets because they are hot and I live in a hot climate. In a cold climate or in the winter they are much more tolerable. I was just in Indiana earlier this month and my friends had mf on the the guest bed. I’m not going to complain about them there of course but I was reminded again of how I don’t like them. Sometimes I think it’s in my head but then I sleep on them.

The comfort of the bed should be the #1 concern of any overnight accomodation. It should be overthought.

In my air room I just put a brand new bed. With it I got a free set of mf sheets which they promised would be in a random color. The color was a taupe which perfectly matches one of my duvet covers so I used them. After one guest who slept on them about 10 days there is already a pull and a greasy looking stained area at the top. I don’t know if it’s where hair product or oily neck and face rubbed on it but I’m uncertain I’ll use those sheet in the air room. I hate to toss them but I can’t use them on my bed so…

They are easy to dry and don’t wrinkle are about your comfort, not the guest’s. The guest has to sleep on them. I’ll drop it now as you don’t seem inclined to make the change. Just consider it food for thought.

3 Likes

I wouldnt give 5 stars for anywhere using microfibre or polyester sheets. They are horrible and sweaty. You can get cotton cheaply.

1 Like

Lol, so far everyone else has given 5 stars., everyone.

RR

Are you sure they’re microfibre sheets? Sounds unlikely.

Yes, I am sure:) 2020

RR

Thats impressive.

1 Like

@Jess1 As much as I detest mf sheets, do you think it’s fair/proportional to drop a star for that reason alone? What if the host discloses them just like people list 600TC Egyptian cotton ("your Nest Bedding mattress is outfitted with silky soft microfiber sheets and 4 pillows of various lofts…)? A four star overall or just in a category with a private message to the host (at this price point I expect cotton sheets).

I’m not surprised RRR has all 5 stars if everything else is top notch.

2 Likes