First 2 requests for a 4 guest listing, 'can we bring 5 guests?'

PC always seemed like a nice chap to me. I think Diana was a child when he married her and had to learn the hard way about royal life.

@Barns

Hah!! Yes, that’s the one.
And then suggest that she comb it over to the top of her head.

1 Like

@Barns. I think you need to decide how many people you are willing to accommodate and then be quite firm. Brighton is rather known for shenanigans, even here in Boston I know this! If you think 4 is the correct number, then stick to it. If you are actually willing to have five people stay in your place, why wouldn’t you change your listing to indicate this with the extra person fee?

3 Likes

I simply pointed out that you were inconsiderate of others living in the block where you had your Airbnb and didn’t seem to want to address the issues around anti-social behaviour by your guests that other leaseholders in the building raised with you.

I’m sure you’ve learnt from the experience :slight_smile:

Thankyou again :persevere:

Brighton with PARKING, let alone a roof terrace? Where were you a couple of years ago? We went to an old friend’s 50th, a summer about 2/3 years ago and got totally ripped off, including by the breakfast and so called parking. B’fast was help yourself to a piece of toast, parking was a permit for in X number of Y roads,but we couldn’t find a space. As for the room, The Platinum Suite, the fish eyed lensed of a suite, words fail me; a cupboard perhaps? Perhaps not, as the shower, loo and sink were next to my side of the bed, with a frail piece of unplastered, plaster board and tiles full of fungus, falling off. All for £120 on a Saturday night. The owner refused to refund the £10 parking permit, our grounds being that we wouldn’t have paid had we known about the parking lottery. He overheard us discussing what a shit place it was, as we ate toast, and chased us down the road in a rage. Quite funny, even at the time. Until we found the car with a parking ticket at 9.05 am… At least my appeal to the Council Traffic Dept was successful! TG for i-phones.

So, the demand is there, it’s party central; we wish you the very best of luck, be very picky, choose the best and charge what you are worth. As for kids? No; nappies.

And welcome back; have quite missed your humour. Any cupboards now?

1 Like

@Barns - "Thankyou again :persevere: "

Your little emoji made me laugh because it reminded me of the cute computer guy who fixed my laptop. He told me he and his girlfriend of 7 yrs. broke up and he had to move out. I said, “Oh no, so you’re back to living alone again?” He put his head down and said, “No, I live with…my mom.”
His face looked just like that emoji.

2 Likes

Lovely place! That lead photo does have me feeling like I’m watching Titanic though. :rofl:
I’m also wondering if the rickety ladder is your sense of humor on display or an accurate description. If it’s the latter I think you might want to reconsider letting guests have access. One spill could put you out of business.

1 Like

I know what you mean…it’s a proper ‘loft ladder’ but one of the those concertina ones. Wobbles, but would do the job. I thought I’d describe it as bad, so as not to disappoint guests, and possibly be marked down.

1 Like

Hi @Barns

Great location and value.

However if the roof terrace appears as it does in the photo’s I would really think twice about mentioning it. It doesn’t appear to have any barriers to prevent people falling off apart from a rope on one side, which I don’t think would stop anyone going over.

You only need to have one guest who is either intoxicated or clumsy and they would be over the side.

Doesn’t bear thinking about. Unlikely to survive a fall from that height.

Surprised the Council gave you permission for it to be used as a roof terrace, as is.

It was built as a house with a roof terrace, so the permission department don’t get a look in.
The photo looks along the length of all the neighbours roof terraces, but what is trickier to see, is the fencing to the sides, preventing most leapers from launches to road, and launches to back gardens.
I’ve used a pic from an old estate agents site, it is a bit safer now!
In fact, the pic after, taken from street level, shows better fencing

That’s 28 per person per night…for 5 people. That’s an incredible deal! Where can you find even the most humble accommodation for 28 a night?

1 Like

Didn’t it used to be on J Wang’s day bed in Long Beach?

1 Like

What does? I haven’t seen @Barns posting a place that accommodates 5 people yet. Just seen a room within his house that can accommodate two.

One of the listings says two bedrooms, two beds. $159 a night.
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/22840909?guests=4&adults=4

Gosh, I still don’t see that 4-person listing posted on this thread… but, I now see that he is renting a room in his house or renting his whole house when he is vacant.

Just assuming JWang was looking at this. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/22840909
The OP is about a 4 guest listing but I think Barns linked the other one.

1 Like

I have been sick, but I was worried I had totally lost my ability to see what was directly in front of my eyes!

I “see” that all the time. LOLOLOL