Female guests caught neighbour spying them through his window!

Now I am experiencing extreme cognitive dissonance. I’m a lifelong raging feminist, and my daughters have raised my consciousness even more. I don’t think anyone should get wolf-whistled regardless of their state of dress or undress. Period. But here I am flashback wolf-whistling Peter Tork. Or the younger version of him, anyway.

2 Likes

No matter how bad the wolf whistling neighbor was, he is way better than the wolf whistling parrot who lived next door to me for a year and extorted my attention and those of my guests at all waking parrot hours at 90 decibels. (We measured it.) shocking I never got a bad review because of that godawful parrot.

2 Likes

Oh parrots :rofl:… In Nicaragua I was once woken by someone’s very load speak echoing in the hotel patio. It was the parrot who was saying all sorts of crazy things :star_struck:. Memories :sunglasses:.

3 Likes

Watching someone repeatedly is a form of harassment. On the other hand, I would be very aware of being watched by a neighbor across the street and shut the window or curtains while changing.
You did just right asking your guests to close the shutters and the neighbor surely got the message.

HAs anyone seen the Italian drama Facing Windows? Highly recommend it, excellent flick… and the above is the subject matter. :blush:

The 1954 Hitchcock movie, Rear Window is a worth mentioning as well :P.

Just an update regarding the female guests, they left yesterday and they
gave me a glowing 5 star review and some Toblerone white chocolates :).

6 Likes

@travellinbug

Yum…!!

1 Like

That’s great. BTW - how long has this neighbor been living in the neighborhood? Are you going to ask him at all about it or anything?

1 Like
5 Likes

I just wanted to ask, is it even possible to call the police in such a case? Is catcalling punishable in some countries? Is there a register of catcallers or what? I might simply be ignorant, but I really think there is no proper crime here but neighbour’s poor taste and stupid reaction.

3 Likes

People who change with the blinds open should expect to be seen. They might be victims, but only of their own naivete.

If I look out my own window and my neighbor across the way is naked with the blind open, they are either careless or an exhibitionist, and I’m not to blame for their folly.

There’s such a thing as using good judgment.

7 Likes

@KKC - funny how the neighbors mention the girls always putting on a show and walking around with no clothes. Then later the one girl says they wear boxer shorts and they are unattractive…lol.

Yeah right…if someone is just walking around in shorts and a top then what is there to watch?? So now they can’t have their breeze or the view because they refuse to just wear at least shorts and tank top? Geez…

I was always dressed appropriately with my roommates.

3 Likes

I agree and don’t believe there was a crime committed…other than one of opportunity for some guy to get a free gander.

As far as what’s punishable in other countries…who knows. There are some pretty scary laws all over the world. Isn’t it a crime in Singapore to spit gum on a sidewalk (or maybe to chew gum…something weird like that), and it comes with a punishment.

I recall there being a city ordinance in Charlottesville, VA way back when that it was forbidden to spit on the city sidewalks, and for a single male to own a sheep within the city limits. (I’m not even going to go there.) :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I recall hearing about gals in a dorm room being able to see guys across the way in their dorm who walked around nude all the time. Finally, the girls sent a note to the guys which said, “We’re not interested in taking Anatomy 101.”

The guys wrote back, “The course is not compulsory.”

10 Likes

Hahaha, good story! :smile: have to say I’m really surprised by some suggestions of “informing police in order to protect yourself as a host”. That made me thinking that there is some regulation of such kind in some countries. If there is one, I have to say I find it scary. Way more scary than the catcaller dude. Catcallers deserve to be publicly shamed, but I wouldn’t imprison them. I don’t think this is a job for police.

3 Likes

So just tell me this, if they call the police for this, will the cops for evidence ask for a recorded reenactment of the undressing scene??

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Of the guys in the dorm??

I would. :yum:

2 Likes

If there are children in the neighborhood or if the whistling neighbor was a teenager, those guests can be charged with indecent exposure by irate parents.
It has happened to people before, naked inside their own home. Warn your guest about the legal ramifications of exposing themselves. Actually, you’re the property owner, maybe you’re the one they’d sue?

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Just give your neibours a courteous notice like you did.

Woah. That’s a crazy situation you got there… could you be liable at all should someone sue you (the host)?

1 Like