Fell asleep at the wheel

I didn’t realize that an Arizona state law went into effect on August 27 that requires we put our Transaction Privilege Tax number (TPT) in our listing description.

I got a call from the city of Chandler reminding me about it, which is strange since the all taxes and regulations are state and county, not city. Non-compliance carries a fine of $250 for the first offense, but this call was just a courtesy reminder and they were prepared to help us apply for a TPT if we didn’t already have one (we did). I was impressed.

2 Likes

LOL. Too busy “doing your maths” as our Queen’s English speakers say.

3 Likes

I just went and read the complete bill and it calls out that the cities (or counties) are responsible for enforcement. It also requires that we provide 24/7 contact information to the local government which we did.

It also bans hosting events/parties without a permit, which I did know about.

1 Like

I love Arizona. I have worked with the courts and various state and municipal govenments across the state for a little shy of 2 decades, mostly in Maricopa County the biggest and most bureaucratic county in the state, and I find the general spirit is to help and educate people vs. reprimanding and punishing them. I was astounded the first time I had to contact the Dept. of Revenue and a real person answered right away, and helped me cheerfully. I love Texas and consider myself in exile here, but it’s a damn fine place to live. I hope it stays that way long after I repatriate.

3 Likes

LOL. From the title, I thought this was going to be another post about guests and their poor parking skills :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re not hurt! :smile::smile:

2 Likes