Feedback please for recent guest. What review would you give?

Agreed. I wouldn’t have thrown it away, I’ve plenty of uses for old towels (think New England winter). But, to be fair, I would have had to physically pull my husband away from it, he would have gotten the tweezers too.

2 Likes

Yes this was quite a lesson and we thank you and the others who mentioned this. Honestly, we simply panicked when we saw the black hairs all over the white porcelain; our anxiety grew each time that we cleaned and new hairs continued to appear. It was not our best moment.

Our next guest was due to check-in only a few hours later and we cringed at the prospect of them finding one. If there ever is a next time, we now feel far more confident about how to handle it and not make things worse for ourselves.

2 Likes

We agree and were anxious for our next guest and what might have been; It is on us to anticipate the needs of our guests and exceed their expectations.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for educating us as to the nature of public forums; we honestly had just no notion until this very moment and are tickled pink.

1 Like

So shall I now chastise you for your sarcastic “tone”? :laughing:

1 Like

I would hang a mirror in front of the window. See Hudson NY photo, hang it as stably as possible, I realize you may not have a window like that one. Or get the extendable kind to place next to window, be sure that it swivels as well. The new mirror needs to be useable from in front of the sink.

2 Likes

My husband does it ALL THE TIME. He has a little mirror on a suction cup on the shower wall.

1 Like

I figured some guys must because I’ve bought a mirror for my shower and it had a guy shaving in the picture on the box. I bought it to brush my teeth in the shower. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t do it an Airbnb.

Actually, I might have to at @airhost2’s place if that’s the only mirror. Not sure why I need a mirror to find my teeth, they are quite prominent :joy:

2 Likes

He does that too. Me, I wouldn’t think of brushing my teeth in the shower…I don’t know why I just don’t/can’t/won’t, but shaving…of course!

1 Like

I do that too (brush in the shower). Love my burst toothbrush. Best ever.

Looked it up, looks really cool. I have a sonicare that’s bound to go soon, I will check it out.
(hey, this isn’t an Amway toothbrush is it?)

Do you have a link? This sounds interesting.

1 Like

Well, I got it at the local hardware store. Mine is by Kohler. This link isn’t my exact one (couldn’t find) but an example & there’s a short video showing them removing the seat.

Kohler K-4639-0 Cachet Round White Toilet Seat, with Grip-Tight Bumpers, Quiet-Close Seat, Quick-Release Hinges, Quick-Attach Hardware, Toilet Seat Amazon.com

1 Like

The IKEA toilet seat has a quick release catch, makes fitting them a doddle also. Only suitable for fairly standard pan designs though, anything other than a bog (:wink: ) standard lav, it’s not such a good fit.

We use them in both apartments and a few of the toilets upstairs as well.

JF

Burst is its own company. My regular dentist, who is actually an oral surgeon, recommended it and I find this comforting as he does not get any compensation and does not carry any consumer products.

The only toilet seat IKEA has in the US is a baby seat.

I found this about the seat I have and thought it might interest you further. I don’t have Kohler, as I wrongly said. I have a Bemis Affinity™ Elongated Closed Front Toilet Seat with Soft Close (it comes in round and elongated, and different shades as well; mine is white). I took pictures of the seat on Monday, but then felt a little weird about posting them :sweat_smile:. So instead, here’s how their “Easy Clean & Change” looks:

https://www.amazon.com/Bemis-1200E4-346-Affinity-ELONGATED/dp/B07RH9LSQ4

Thanks! I’ve got it bookmarked. The new seat I installed in the unit is round, but the one in my bathroom is elongated. The new one upstairs keeps coming loose and getting crooked, so it’s the first candidate. The upstairs one is in a nook with the outside house wall on the right as one sits on it. I think that many guests steady themselves on that wall when throning or dethroning, which twists the seat.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been really happy with how well this one has stayed in place. They all need a bit of tightening occasionally but I have also had ones that were clearly inferior as they needed regular attention.

1 Like

I second this, we have the same seats, they are better.

1 Like