Extremely critical guests

EDIT: Could this be a Mac vs. PC thing? I doubt it. Haven’t experienced that for years with any apps or browsers.
@KKC and @Brandt I’m posting a screen shot of what I see when I look at a future guest profile page (tried past guest just for fun and that did not work either).

Also a screen shot of the message I get when I click the extension button on upper right menu bar of Chrome.

This is what I see when I click on a guest’s profile in Chrome on a PC

I see just the same thing you do, @KKC so it’s working for me too.

Full disclosure: I picked my best recent review to illustrate with. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks all…
Ahhh nice choice. I see nothing but it says it’s working. I’ll log out, quit Chrome, relaunch and try again in a bit. If it doesn’t work I’ll try googling the problem again. If anyone here uses a Mac/Apple for this extension, I’d love to hear from you!

1 Like

There’s even a separate topic on it. I’m also on Mac. I tried Chrome and Firefox, but it doesn’t work anymore :rage:.

Two weeks ago it was stil working. I’m in Europe, at one moment I was thinking it could be something regional (European privacy laws :face_with_raised_eyebrow:?). Are you in Europe, USA or elsewhere?

@GutHend I’m in the USA. Chrome updated, mac is updated. Restart. Delete ext. and reinstall. Not working. If you figure it it let me know and I will do the same!

1 Like

LOL, the same thing has happened to me. I used to think my best friend’s house was very clean, until I started hosting. Now I notice the grime on the kitchen cupboard doors, the dusty baseboards, and so on.

The thing that irritates me is I’m pretty sure that Airbnb guests that go into other people’s homes and pass judgement in terms of cleanliness do not keep their own homes in the condition they expect to find in listings.

And yeah, apparently I am the only person in the world who can effectively wash a dish. I don’t even look at them anymore. When guests finish breakfast I just take all the dishes straight out of the dish drainer and wash them.

2 Likes

I started the other thread - It mysteriously stated working again. I have no idea what happened either when it stopped or restarted.

@Terryathome You do not mention what browser you were using or which OS?

I am a “whole house rental” so I dont live with my guests.
You are correct…the rental is spotless and scrubbed to the highest standard.
My personal and private living space, however, can often be a filthy disaster.
I need a full time housekeeper and cook !

2 Likes

Using the Chome browser on a windows desktop.

When it stopped working I tried opening and closing the page, closing the browser, and restarting the computer with the restart button and finally turning the computer on and off. Nothing seemed to work but the next day the app was back. Odd!

I use Windows and cannot make the extension to work either. Perhaps it affects the new installs and people that had it for some time are not affected.

People who nitpick are probably feeling a touch of insecurity. My guess is that they compare your accommodation and hosting to their own lives.

This would be a lot less likely to happen in the beige and taupe monotony of a hotel.

But a touch of envy might creep in when you are perpetually smiling, solving problems, and providing a nice place. So they take you down a notch.

What they don’t appreciate is that we would give our eye teeth to pass out on the sofa in front of the big screen with two quarts of Haagen Dasz in our bellies and nursing a really bad attitude.

It helps me to mention that nearly every item in my home is second or third hand, courtesy of inheritance, the Salvation Army, and a rural auction that’s essentially WalMart on drugs.

More importantly, it’s not to take myself too seriously!

3 Likes

I like that. Good point! I will keep that in mind. I’m always trying to make things a little better and at some point I will just have to accept that a lost star here and there is not the end of the world. Thanks!

My experience with being humble (and truthful) is that people connect more.

No, those aren’t expensive sheers. I bought the fabric for $3 a yard and sat around watching Clint Eastwood re-runs with the old sewing machine, which I got at the WalMart Whoopie Auction for $100.

That oak and granite tile kitchen? Bought it at the ReStore for $1,000. The drinking glasses are mason jars. Even my car has had 7 previous owners!

I’m not snotty. I just look that way!

1 Like

Finally got it to work on Chrome for Mac! Restart, log in, log out, quit browser multiple times. You get the idea. I can now see what guests have written about their hosts…was hoping there was something showing what star ratings the guests gave hosts as well. I will have to go back to that thread later, I think I’m wrong about this. Anyway, yay, finally working @GutHend!

So true! The guests that just left, I swear only rinsed their dishes! I always check the pots and pans now too. One guest cooked and burned something in two pans. Rinsed and left the burned glop in the pan and put it away in the cupboard. jeesh!

Would much rather they just left the washing up. So over ratting everything to check what they used, didn’t use, or just shoved on the shelf filthy!

Totally agree. I had someone fold up there dirty toothpaste hand towel the other day. Made it look the same as I had folded it. Not sure why they would go out of there way. So weird.

1 Like