Error Message when viewing competitors property

Does any other host get this come up when they want to view a competitor’s property - Service request authorization error: You do not have permission to access this resource. (status code 403)

Never happened to me but try searching and viewing in a private browser.

I’ve got that message when trying to view properties that I believe are not accessible any longer. I also would like to know if this error message is correct

Are you logged in or not when you perform this search? Try it both ways. Try too emptying your cache and see if that makes a difference.

I believe that’s the error code you get if someone posts a link, like to their listing, that is set to expire later.

Here is what I get when I try to access the link to the former Airbnb listing on my block. It was unlisted a few weeks ago because the home was sold.

If you do a search on Airbnb for that listing, can you still find it?

2 Likes

A 403 Forbidden Error occurs when a web server forbids you from accessing the page you’re trying to open in your browser. Most of the time, there’s not much you can do. But sometimes, the problem might be on your end.

As a web dev/software dev person the answer is straightforward - it’s hidden/deleted in the database and is only visible to Admins on the site. the listing doesn’t exist, so the page doesn’t exist.

You said the home was sold, so the owner took the listing down, told ABB about it, and they hid it.

IF the new owners do an ABB in the property, then it will go back up with a different URL/database call.

Right, my point to the OP is that the competitor’s listing might’ve been unlisted, which is why I asked if it could be found by searching vs. a bookmark.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for your help. I don’t know that they have cancelled their listing. It is just that one day I could see their listing without any problems and now I just get the error message.

Then they’ve snoozed, unlisted, or been booted.

If you’re looking at competitor listings, open an incognito window and do a search as a guest in your area. I stalk my competition all the time. Clear your cache.