Entitled kid whining

You are right, but as we have learned that doesn’t mean much when this sort of person decides the rules don’t apply to him.

Yes, that is a red flag. If he was going to put on his big-boy pants and be a good guest he would have responded to that email and assured you everything would go smoothly in order to ease your apprehensions about his visit.

3 Likes

Thank god, this one was starting to raise my BP!!! Yahoo. May he be replaced with someone normal!

4 Likes

Email from Airbnb,
"This Tony I am an Airbnb Trips Experience Case manager. I pulled your case here and will be assisting you through this process. I’ve taken a moment and reviewed the aspects of your case and understand %100 your concerns with the guest and his consideration of your listing. Louise as a first time courtesy I have canceled this reservation on the behalf of Airbnb. This assures no penalties will be applied to your account, it also ensures your calendar will be reopened.

Louise, we are terribly sorry if the interaction with this particular guest caused any distress. "

5 Likes

I wonder why you got a Trips experience case manager.

I don’t know, is that significant? Maybe because it was a weekend.

“I know this has come up on other threads, but this is what I think, as well - tell them to cancel and IF the dates are re-booked you’ll give him a refund (maybe less a $25 booking fee for having to deal with all of this nonsense).”

I second this. It’s works well and avoids headaches.

1 Like

I tried this, but he wanted all.

1 Like

You are well rid of this munchkin.

2 Likes

It’s so sad when someone pushes you to the point were that level of firmness is your only recorse … but I think you handled it well and you were certainly right not to host him. There’s no way I’d have been able to relax much during his stay.

I have a similar story with an entitled little so-and-so … actually worked with air to get him to leave after 1 night :slight_smile:

Basically, this twenty-something guy booked a room for 3 nights with a friend and messages me a few nights before the stay requesting a third person joins them. I explain that the room only holds 2 but I have another room available. They don’t want to pay for a whole new room and ask if their friend can sleep on the floor if they pay a bit extra.

“I cannot permit more than 2 per room, sorry”

After a bit of a haurumph he finally seems to accept this, then goes quiet. So, red flags already.

His check-in comes and passes without incident. Then I get a message asking if they can bring extra friends back to get ready together for an event that they’re attending later that evening. I explain that I can’t have unregistered guests at the house and even if I could it would be unfair on my other guests who are arriving that same evening and who will undoubtedly be tired after their long flight and will want easy bathroom access. Then says he’s “not very happy with the service” he accuses me of being unwelcoming. So I says -

“I am the most welcoming host there ever was but I need to consider the comfort of other guests too. The fact that you do not, speaks volumes.”

Then I contact air to explain the situation…thankfully I got a great rep, and together we composed an email which enticed him to leave and refund his 2 nights not stayed (at airs expense).

A bit of a faff, but ultimately not backing down to these schmuchs is the only way to go.

6 Likes

Update, I’ve just had the weekend rebooked. Huge sigh of relief. My faith in humanity has been restored by guests who arrived Monday, pleasant, very complimentary about cottage, " I love how clean it is." They brought me a gift of gourmet Baclava.

2 Likes

@Kittyp, bit of a long shot but are you based in central London? And did you used to post on the old Airbnb groups? If so, I always enjoyed reading your posts even though many of them were horror stories :frowning: and always planned to book with you if ever in London because I love cats.

Sorry if this makes no sense whatsoever!!

Oh, wonderful outcome! Thanks for the update, Louise. I’m so glad it all worked out.

1 Like

Hi Magwitch! Sorry to disappoint but it’s not me :wink:

Sorry, only just noticed this reply. Never mind! It sounded like a great place with loads of rescue kittens all over the place. Of course it was super duper clear in the listing description about the cats: host’s name was Kitty, photos of cats all over the place etc. but still guests complained about the cats…

A cat Airbnb, sounds like my idea of a dream :heart_eyes:!

2 Likes

Let’s call it purrbnb.com shall we??

1 Like

There you go again, giving away more of our confidential business plan ideas!!!

6 Likes

Seriously, the amount of people who come and stay with me BECAUSE I’ve got a cat is actually insane!

7 Likes

It makes me think of the cat-bars in Japan: You go and have your coffee and can play around with the cats.

3 Likes