EC Policy now applies Globally

you are right ssack, i had No problem with VRBO and Booking, and with Airbnb i loose thousand of dollars.
This company is a SHAME, here in europe we can not do class action but really hope US host can start a class action.

1 Like

TOUCHÉ.
BDC doesn’t have any of this madness going on. Regular policies still apply. Air run their business like a solo entrepreneur. Wake up in the morning and enforce dreadful changes.
With all the money air have accumulated from hosts, Y can’t they do a 25/75 damage control? Or even 30/70?
The Host ALWAYS SUFFERS. ALWAYS!!!
Makes me sick to my stomach. If they had serious competition I would pull all my listings from Air.

1 Like

This is the sort of thing Air would do. Absolutely!!
Why can’t hosts also give stay credit instead of being forced to refund fully? All of us have mortgages to pay. And Air knows this.

1 Like

Guys, I’m open to class action. Absolutely!!

1 Like

Please sign!!!

1 Like

the Chinese Communist Party

Thanks for that information. I don’t agree but regardless, we are here now. Historians will assign blame if there is blame to be assigned.

I think there was a period of a few days where they were doing the credit voucher, then switched to full refunds.

Every host will need to decide for themselves whether Airbnb was within its rights to change its policies on the fly, apply them retroactively and then refund guests. I got involved since I am a host who was affected by the addition of ‘pandemic’ to the EC in early March. There are hundreds of thousands of hosts. And there are many viewpoints and approaches. Our main goal is to make sure hosts understand the legal issues involved, and can make informed decisions for themselves. There is no ‘one size fits all’ solution.

There is information about the potential legal claims agasint Airbnb by hosts and the arbitration process on Youtube for hosts who want to learn more. Simply search youtube for ‘Blatant spam removed’ and you will learn:

• What your potential claims would be.
  • How the arbitration process works under the Airbnb terms of service.
  • How hosts can act collectively despite the ‘no collective action’ provisions in the terms of service.
  • Why hosts have a chance to finally achieve a seat at the table and get more accountability and transparency from Airbnb.

According to Airbnb, they refunded over 2 billion dollars to guests out of the hosts pockets. The strict cancellation policy already divided the risk 50-50 between hosts and guests in case of a pandemic. If Airbnb wanted to obtain 2 billion dollars in good will from guests, shouldn’t they have paid for it themselves?

Yawn…

Use the search facility, this has been done to death over the past month or so.

JF

2 Likes