Does anybody NOT supply tea or coffee options

should be alright, it’ll be on the landing, rather than in a bedroom (finger crossed!)

3 Likes

Lambrini - wash your mouth out :smirk:

1 Like

Minifridge arrived. Fits a treat

7 Likes

and just for good measure, I got Picture of the Day in the local paper.

9 Likes

Looks great. I knew it would!!!

1 Like

Beautiful. Tell us the story of where, What & when

Special camera or amazing lucky pic with phone?

in answer to the original question: I supply tea, coffee, milk and a selection of breakfast cereals.
It pisses me off if a place doesn’t provide the basics to make a cup of tea in the morning. It costs pennies to provide and can make a huge difference to a guest’s experience. The difference between 5 and 4 stars, for example!

1 Like

My lovely Nikon, I’d taken many a pic of the Brighton Pavilion, I knew on of them would eventually come out how I wanted! It’s a 5 minute walk from my place, then 5 minutes more to the beach

4 Likes

exactly, it costs nowt to supply it all. I was being dinged for no fridge though, even though I provided their first pint of milk upon arrival.

So where did you put the pint of milk if there’s no fridge? Sorry, you probably covered all this before. I’d be ok with a kettle, some teabags and one of those horrible single milk things. But then I’d be thinking about how environmentally damaging those things are. So… a quandry. But I could console myself with the fact that I’d walked 500 miles to your place to save on fuel.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooooohhhhh beautiful

If I did not have a mini-refrigerator to store cold coffee milk, I would at least provide a small “ice cooler” for my weekend guests. The ice cubes can last 36 hours before needing to replenish.
cooler

Maybe you can put a communal fridge in somewhere for people to use at their own risk?
As for me I don’t know what you’re charging for the night it think that is important. I mean if your city center prime location and 30 dollars a night people can’t expect coffee and fridge too can they? Are there 24 hour mini markers nearby?
Any kind of fridge will mean more cleaning waste smells and electricity consumption.

2 Likes

How much is your room? Does your listing specify no fridge? Are there 24 hour shops and restaurants nearby?

All sorted now! Fridge installed, and I charge £100 - £120 per night for 2 bedrooms with private bathroom, city centre, 24hr shops and restaurants :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well at that price yes I would expect a minibar or other solution.

Not a fan of fridge in room, personally. I rent out a private room w/ private bathroom. I provide coffee maker/tea/tea kettle, Half-n-half etc. and make a spread for the guests to have in the morning. All this is in my own kitchen, downstairs from guests. I also clean out a complete shelf and large drawer (in fridge) for guests to store…whatever they want. To-go food, beverages, etc.

A fridge in the room is something else to clean between guests! And I don’t want the extra clutter or strain on my electric bill.

Of course I work from home & have the freedom in my schedule to give guests privacy in the kitchen in the mornings, so it works well for me. I have great reviews and have had no complaints on this arrangement. My two cents!

EDIT:

Sorry…Didn’t realize your guests couldn’t access your kitchen. Makes my point, pointless! :roll_eyes:

1 Like