Does anybody NOT supply tea or coffee options

Ideal if a little 'fridge can fit under the table

3 Likes

The cube shaped fridge might be perfect.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even drink UHT milk if someone paid me to do it I think. I can’t stand the taste. But maybe I’m picky.

Maybe you haven’t drunk it for about 30 years either.

1 Like

I drink my coffee black. If you add stuff to it you can’t appreciate the fine flavors of the coffee. I also make my coffee in an aeropress. It tastes good and its strong. 18 grams of ground coffee, fill the cylinder to the top with boiling hot water, stir, wait 60 seconds and stir, wait 60 seconds and press it. Its simple and it comes out good. Not fantastic because I don’t use really good water, just regular filtered water.

Umm, @Mexican, is this a typo or do you stir and wait 60 seconds twice? I never know how to properly use my Aeropress for guests (I can’t have coffee any longer). Thanks for the 18 grams tip!

I keep a couple of quart sized boxes of whole milk & 2% milk in my pantry in case I run out of usual refrigerated. Plus I only use whole milk for baking. I like having it convenient so I can bake without planning a grocery store visit.

I like milk in my coffee & hot tea. The box is easy to pack if I have an opportunity to nip to the beach for a few days.

I agree it tastes much better than it did in the past.

1 Like

Or get a table that the fridge can fit under :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct. Its a 2 minute brew time with 3 stirs. Once when I first pour in the water, then after the first minute and one last stir right before I press it. 18 grams is just how I like it. I put the whole aeropress and funnel on top of a cheap Ikea scale and turn it on so it shows 0 grams. Then I pour in the coffee until it says 18. Very easy and reproducible.

1 Like

Each room has a micro wave and a mini fridge. I bought them second hand. There is also bottled water and a coffee maker and kettle as need be. In the kitchen is black and herbal tea, coffee beans, and a Keurig with recyclable pods that nobody wants anything to do with (they love my French presses).

I only supplied a Mr. Coffee, filters & Yuban Coffee & Sugar, No Keurig.
Starbucks & 3 coffee kiosks within 2 blocks. As long as you tell guests up front & you’re priced right do what’s best for you, you’ll probably find out quickly if it won’t work.

1 Like

2 young ladies stayed yesterday: “can we put this fizz in your fridge please?”
Certainly, I said. I have a dreadful feeling that when they wanted it back, I was out for half hour, which must’ve been annoying for them, their booze shut away in my kitchen! Oddly enough, while I was out, I was buying ice for their ice bucket.

which hardened my resolve to get a fridge ASAFP

@Barns

What’s fizz??? Trying to get to 20???

1 Like

sparkly wine! Traditionally champagne, but more often than not, it can now refer to Lambrini and Prosecco

1 Like

Thank you! Champagne, Prosecco, even a white wine spritz, I understand. Fizz to my unsophisticated brain sounds like a carbonated cola (Diet Coke)

2 Likes

I am also renting a private room and bathroom. I recently listed another one 3 months ago. I do have a fridge and microwave in the first room and I include two water bottles. No access to kitchen. Even when I used to offer it people would very rarely use it. Again I live in the U.S and people here don’t cook and eat out instead. In Europe it would be much more difficult. If the guests want tea of coffee I always offer when I met them or make them some if I can in the morning. Honestly this is a very rare issue or request that I have. Just why would you give them milk without providing a fridge? You can’t keep it cold and fresh, better to get a fridge or if not stop giving milk. Again it might depend of your area and booking goals, mine is very touristic and my guests usually don’t stay more than one or two nights. I am almost fully booked all year around.

2 Likes

Fridge ordered this morning :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Post a pic of how nice it looks when you receive it.

1 Like

I’ve hosted about 400 guests since I got my fridge and have had one complaint. I haven’t had anyone turn it off but someone did turn it all the way up so the entire thing was a freezer. That may have been on accident though.

1 Like