Do I mention that there is no TV in the summary?

Yes same in US, maybe less than 20, CBS, nbc, abc, pbs, some other random ones.

I was just reading about this in some blog or something? There is apparently an antenna you can get that does this. Donā€™t quote me though. Gosh I wish I could remember the name of it now. If it comes to me I will post or maybe just google it now b/c I donā€™t sleep anyway. :wink: and it will bug meā€¦

Iā€™m pretty sure I didnā€™t add that line. It would never have occurred to me. So it might have been autogenerated somehow. Doesnā€™t everyone have it, then?

And you donā€™t pay a cable bill for these channels? I donā€™t think I have that option?

For us, free TV would be a half-dozen channels of very fast Andalucian Spanish with quiz shows, Gran Hermano and women with elaborate hairstyles shouting at each other. Not much call for that from our guests, none of whom have been Spanish. Some have wanted to watch the football, especially lately, obviously, but theyā€™ve usually enjoyed the atmosphere in the beach bars where all the matches have been shown.

Because we only open in Summer, itā€™s a very different type of vacation, where guests will either go out to eat in the evening or sit outside here on the terrace or have a barbecue. People do use their tablets and I offer a guest Netflix subscription but most people have their own. I am considering next year getting very basic tvs with a Chromecast for the apartments - I think this is a good compromise.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not certain, Iā€™ll do some checking around. It might be something wifi? If it is ā€œover the airā€ it may not work for me either. Iā€™m close to the mountains and the best carrier here (verizon), for my location only gets 2-3 bars of cell phone service. And one bar in the basement!

Oh my! So frustrating Iā€™m sure!

My mom had ATT at one point and purchase some sort of booster for the internet/wifi or both. Iā€™m sure youā€™ve checked into all your options but thought I would mention.

Private theater room? Sounds very swank. Yeah, if they have a DVR available I would think they would be happy. They are in the mountains right? You canā€™t expect every convenience of the city, and thatā€™s why they are there, hopefully. :grin:

1 Like

Itā€™s actually on my list for my next trip to US!, sadly not til 2020 though as Iā€™m saving to buy my first property next year! I will definitely look you up then. I must admit I watch that trashy reality show filmed in Charleston ā€˜Southern Charmā€™. Rubbish I know but the self absorbed characters are quite a laugh

I have a TV hooked up to my homebrew DVR in my unit downstairs. No cable, since I mostly watch PBS, and the transmitter is about half a mile away.

I have no TVs anywhere in the B&B area upstairs. I have 1gb/sec internet, and since I upped the data limit after my second month last summer, Iā€™ve never exceeded my 250 Gb/month data limit.

Most of my summer guests either come for a wedding, a family or class reunion, or to hike/kayak/whalewatch/helicopter flightsee and donā€™t spend much time here except to sleep and maybe eat breakfast. Only 2 guests of 65 have commented about the lack of a TV (one was just the other day, a Air newbie who also complained that I didnā€™t furnish fresh towels every day, as if I had nothing to do but her laundry).