Disgusting guest! - Need help w review

2 female guests stayed 2 nights. Left sperm on sheets, left blood on floor, toilet paper w crap on the floor. I will be leaving a review but need phrase it as a helpful review. I will word it in an unproductive way easily but need help doing it w tact.

Hello @V_prado

I see you are a new arrival here - having joined today. Welcome.

Can you give us a bit more context.

1. You say two females so presume they brought in additional guests?
  2. Did you or a property manager check them in and there was only the two of them? Or do you have CCTV and therefore evidence of additional guests?
  3. What does your listing say about unauthorised guests? Are you charging them?
  4. Are you going through the resolution centre to cover costs of sheets/extra cleaning
  5. What information did you gather about these guests before they checked in? Any red flags?

Quite difficult to comment based on what you have provided.

Why don’t you try drafting something and we can comment.

Maybe…

“Sorry, cannot recommend this guest as they left the apartment in appalling condition. Linens were destroyed by disgusting bodily fluids and will need to be replaced.”

4 Likes

Nice one @konacoconutz

However I asked the additional questions because if they are making a claim they might want to handle when and how they post the review a little differently.

2 Likes

Thank you Helpsi for your response.

Can you give us a bit more context.

You say two females so presume they brought in additional guests?
Yes
Did you or a property manager check them in and there was only the two of them?
I checked them in. I live in the front house.

Or do you have CCTV and therefore evidence of additional guests?
What’s a CCTV

What does your listing say about unauthorised guests?
It says 2 guests only.

Are you charging them?
I didn’t know I could

Are you going through the resolution centre to cover costs of sheets/extra cleaning
I’m not familiar w this

What information did you gather about these guests before they checked in? Any red flags?
No red flags

Why not? Haven’t you read up on how Airbnb works before starting to host??

Helpful as she is, her name is @Helsi !

5 Likes

Welcome to our forum, V_prado,

I agree if your rules disallow guests other than those registered, and these guests violated that rule by bringing in visitors, your review should alert other hosts of this violation.

Bodily fluids on linens, e.g.blood +/or semen, is something many of us have experienced, either in our own personal beds or those used by guests. I wouldn’t ever mention this in a review of my guests.
Have you tried applying a stain remover, such as LA’s Totally Awesome, ( in Canada - available at Dollartree at little expense, or Amazon, for a much higher price ) or Grandma’s Secret Spot Remover,( Amazon ), which is expensive but very effective. I leave the stain remover on for an hour and then wash linens in Oxyclean powder.
That stain remover method has always worked for me. Except once, recently, when guests left black grease stains over sheets, pillow cases and in the bathtub.
I sent them a message through airbnb message centre and asked if they would cover the cost of replacement. They immediately agreed, and paid me through airbnb.
This obviated the need to make a claim through the resolution centre. I didn’t mention the stains in the guest review, but rather wrote a 5-star review for them which included " guests were respectful and demonstrated integrity."

2 Likes

I went ahead and submitted a request in the resolution center for the linens.

Here is what comes to mind for a comment. (I won’t post this but need help writing something that’s clear and professional)

"Guests left the house a mess. Toilet paper with feces on the bathroom floor. Kitchen wall had something pink and gooey smeared where the table is at. Bedroom had bodily fluid on the floor and on the linens.

This is the first time the apt is left in such deplorable conditions."

What is it with people try to change my name on here…are you guys telling me something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry:blush: Helsi.

I’m worried these ppl are going to call me to fight the request.

Helpful Helsinki! Nice and complimentary x

3 Likes

Some countries disallow toilet paper to be placed in the toilet.
Instead, a bucket is left to receive the toilet paper.

As mentioned in my prior response, I would never mention bodily fluids found on linens. Left on the floor? Perhaps an accident, not noticed by the guest.

Unless your guests violated a House Rule, e.g. invited visitors to the accommodations when your rule states No Unregistered Guests allowed on Premises, I see no reason to leave a negative review.

oh dear @V_prado it sounds like you haven’t really got to grips with the basics of managing an Airbnb listing.

1. CCTV is a video camera (sorry UK expression) it enables you to see who is going in and out of your property. Did you see the males going in and out ?

2.Do go to the Airbnb Help Centre and look up how thing work. Including making a claim through Airbnb’s host guarantee. To do this message your guests and claim for the unauthorised guests (if its in your house rules) and the replacement sheets/damage. If they don’t reply or refuse make a claim through Airbnb’s Resolutions Centre.

1. Have it in your house rules that only those who have booked and paid can stay at the property. You can then charge for unauthorised guests or ask guests to leave if they violate this rule.

2. I have to think there must have been some red flags for the guests to behave in this way…did you ask for verified ID? did you ask them about plans for their stay? did they tell you why they chose your place? did they communicate well with you in the lead up to and during your stay? did they have clear photos and a completed profile?

Not mee

1 Like

Don’t accept their calls…keep all communications on Airbnb messaging.

And don’t worry you aren’t the only one who changes my name :slight_smile:

1 Like

CCTV = Closed Circuit TV (a video cam)

It’s (probably mainly) British usage.

CCTV stands for Closed-Circuit Television – used to monitor people’s activities.
CCTV is also a Chinese state broadcaster – so nothing different there!

2 Likes

surveillance camera, got it.

Remember that anyone looking to book will see your review potentially so I would be careful. I might not book knowing that your place was ever in such deplorable condition. Sounds like a crime scene.

3 Likes

Oh Astaire, your humor never ceases to lmotfl

1 Like