Did you see the new calendar?

I don’t think they are punishing us but it’s definitely rewarding the busy hosts. The busier you are the busier you will be. I haven’t blocked off chunks in months and I’ve been very busy. But when I blocked off about 6 weeks last summer for remodeling and travel it took about 6 weeks to get back up to the same booking rate.

1 Like

Yes, where are all my notes?

Hi, that is what happened. They updated the app and it switched itself to travelling from hosting. Sorted now, thanks.

No idea. My notes are gone too, so I’m having to datamine through every booking. Total waste of time and as if Airbnb want to actually make it harder for hosts by making keeping track cumbersome.

Yes, I’ve also noticed bookings come in clusters. A bunch at ‘once’ then nothing for a long while. And now I realize helped along by the fact if you have blocked dates due to either personal reasons or because a booking comes in from another source.

1 Like

I am adding my 2nd Airbnb unit, and it has been slow for a while (I had no time/ energy to do any marketing), and then, overnight, it picked up and now we are very busy in both units. But we just found a 5-7 month tenant, for the 2nd unit, so I expect that after they leave, we will be slow with bookings again for a while. Due to my current life circumstances and a desire for (relative) freedom, I’m more interested in high-end long term rentals right now. So I expect to take a hit from Airbnb when I look for bookings there again, but that is okay with me, because it encourages me to get my act together with creating my business as something that can operate to my best advantage without relying on Airbnb (or any name brand) too heavily. I started hosting just about a year ago, when I converted my back yard office into an Airbnb unit, and have been thrilled with how easy it was to start the business without much effort, but I don’t especially want anyone taking a large cut of the income for the long term.

I wonder if Pierre @smartbnb.io might be able to answer this for us.

Pierre, do you know if somehow you are dropped in search if you have been blocking off or snoozing your calendar? Noticeable plunge in bookings or inquiries during the remainder of what should be my high season. Blocked off all of March and just opened it.

Seems anecdotal but ore than coincidental.

I block off all the time as I have bookings from other sources. I haven’t noticed any real fall in demand when the listing is available again. Maybe your experience is just coincidence?

1 Like

I went to the calendar today looking for a past guest who texted me about another stay and you can still click on the name to pull up the guest info, profile and message thread links. I assumed since it was greyed out it wasn’t active anymore. Duh.

They have re-introduced having the end of the reservation bar extending to the morning of check out. Much easier to see the length of a reservation. AirBNB taketh away and AirBNB giveth back.

2 Likes

I noticed that too! I thought I was going out of my mind! :rofl:

As of this morning, I can navigate to see past months, but it is cumbersome. I can select the popup navigator and see March. If I go back to the navigator, I have the option of selecting February. Again, now January is available. So not simple or intuitive, but history is back.

1 Like

Today the calendar has changed once again. I am now seeing Name - $NNN ReservationStatus. Mixed feelings about this, especially the dollar amount showing so prominently.

43%20PM

But what is this? I have tonight and tomorrow blocked since I have friends staying in the AirBNB space. My current preferences are reservations need to be made by 2pm the day of [a recent change for me.] Is this a bomb replacement? But why is there a bomb replacement on a day without availability?

And I can’t find a way to have the calendar show the price tips. But last week, when you did view the price tups, it showed you their suggestions for days that were already booked. I loved the days that had a price tip of $74.00 and have been booked for $150. per night.

I think we might have a calendar intern.

2 Likes

I totally dislike this new calendar.!!! Anyway to show the whole calendar for the month. This is not working.

Can we get the Monthly calendar view back???

1 Like

@Solluna We are a host forum we are not affiliated with Airbnb. Also, this topic is two years old, I don’t think they are going to bring back the old calendar.

I saw that there was a discussion about this on the community center, so it seems there is some recent change to the calendar view. However, I don’t have any changes to my calendar. From what I gathered on the cc, I have a guess as to what is going on. Is this how the “new calendar” looks to you?

If so, it has been like this for me for a long time, I guess because of the multiple listings or possibly because of the professional host tools. Anyway, if it looks like this, then all you have to do is double-click on the listing name on the left side and that will open up the “normal” monthly calendar view.

I am seeing an odd linear layout instead of a normal calendar appearance. I don’t like it. Can anyone explain how I can go back to the old traditional calendar look?

If you read the post just above yours there is a suggestion.