Decline request

The awards he speaks of are “Pomposity and Verbal Diarrhea”
At least it is how i read it.
Sue

3 Likes

I agree that it’s way too long, and reads like a market brochure, not a personal message. Having the system send a timed message that includes their name is NOT personal.

I agree that you should have VERY short one paragraph checkout checklist.

Your trolling for a 5 star review would put me off. Better to explain Air’s horrid scoring and how it affects hosts than pander like this. And you give NO credit to your cleaners, who do almost of all of grunt work that keeps your multiple listings rentable. They are people, too.

1 Like

Never. 202020202020202020020202

1 Like

“No credit”? So I think I give Bob some credit. The message’s signature also includes his name.
BTW, I don’t have multiple listings, just one at the home in which I live.

I have edited it and included the edited version here, @muddy’s constructive criticisms were taken to heart and incorporated. I am grateful for her feedback.

I understand, For now I am leaving it in, and I will let your advice marinate.

Thank you.

[Since I’m limited to three replies I had to give you this update by editing an existing response.]

Well it’s been 19 days since I received all of your feedback on my scheduled letter requesting a review.

I was talking to a guest today as he was leaving and a few hours later reviewing my standard message requesting a review. After talking with him I would have been embarrassed to leave that standard message, as it WAS manipulative AND I felt it would disrespect him because the letter clearly sees him and his review simply as part of a business transaction. Because this is the hospitality business, which is a personal business – his family was making a home at my home – my prior approach just wasn’t right.

Most of our guests I don’t meet face to face (I think many of you do), so I think that changes how I think of and write to them – thinking of them abstractly as “guests”. So that was an ‘Aha!’ for me.

My new standard review request, which is now a template to edit rather than a scheduled message, goes simply like this:

Dear [Guest],

I’m writing to request your review of your stay here.

Reviews are an important way that members of the Airbnb community to evaluate a listing.

I hope you’ll leave me a note outside of the review process on any ways my team and I could have done better for you – that’s how we learn and ‘up’ our hospitality.

Thank you again for selecting my home as your vacation home.

• *. *

I think it’s better and thank you all again.

My response to your post is down below.

Yes, I know. I’m not taking the bait.