Dealing with unaccounted guests

Yeah, that sucks, just like with Airbnb, you get a retaliatory review when you call a guest out on their poor behavior.

Yeah, too bad you can’t warn future hosts about bad guest behavior. You can at least leave a follow-up response to the guest’s review of you, right?

Why do you find that strange? You think a listing company should be able to dictate what a host charges for extra guests?

2 Likes

I’d let it go. I imagine you are very happy to rent it for a whole month in the middle of Winter, right ? Maybe I don’t understand the whole situation, but what’s the big deal ? Is the new person doing damage ?

I suppose that the capacity of your property is for 2 guests if you don’t expect any guests to sleep on your sofa. In your listing, is the price for 1 guest or 2 guests? Or do you ask for extra guest fee for the second guest? (My guess is that you haven’t mentioned extra guest fee because you didn’t know how much you should charge.) For Airbnb listings, hosts can ask for extra guest fee from the 2nd guest, 3rd guest… onwards. So if your price on BDC is for 2 guests, then just let it go this time and modify your listing to include an extra guest fee. You don’t risk a bad review and you can gain a returning guest.

By adding an extra guest fee for guests over the maximum occupancy then you would be allowing extra guests the way I see it. I have a listing for two, I do not want or allow more than that.

RR

1 Like

You don’t make it clear - Why is no guests a House Rule? Do you have a legal obligation to only have one single guest at a time? Or is there an additional charge for second person? (I charge extra for each additional guest.) Is your guest otherwise a “good” guest?

In my own view, a one month stay is an excellent gig for a Host to have, and if the Guest brings home a friend for a night, and they are not causing a disturbance, I would let it slide. Maybe let your guest know that you know, ask if he’d like an extra pillow and remind them that 2nd guest attracts an additional fee.

Depends really on how much the extra person affects you, financially or otherwise.