Date change request - best way to deal with this?

That’s how I felt. Hopefully, she’ll actually show up in 2 weeks.

I love TorC! Can you share a link to your place? I don’t get there very often—last time was a year and a half ago—but I’d love to get back there.

I had a 5 day stay for a military group of 14. They got called up for a mandatory drill and needed to move the date. I told her to get a letter from her CO verifying this and I would change the dates no problem. She got the letter and her booking went great 3 weeks later.

2 Likes

Good move. I once had a military guy try to cancel a dog booking claiming he’d suddenly got orders. Unlucky for him I knew someone who worked with his wife and she confirmed that was a lie. Oopsie. They (military) can be good guests but I’ve found them to be the least dependable.

1 Like

Sure. I’ll PM it to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a known way to cancel a reservation without paying a fee.

I had a situation when someone booked for a week and then wanted to cancell. I told him ok you can cancell but I will refund you if I rebook.
So someone rebooked next day …and I had a call immediately from Airbnb that an I going to keep my promise and refund the first guy. I asked a girl: it’s funny how you call me immediately after it got rebooked . She said, it’s because the first guests called us and asked to call you if now you can honor his refund as you promised .
I for a moment forgot the 48 hours refund .
And refunded him…only to to see that new reservation was cancelled almost immediately.

That’s an important lesson. Never refund before YOU get paid.

3 Likes

They probably had created a second account to do that intentionally.

O I am sure I was played

Thanx for the lesson and warning.

1 Like

Good idra… I just went through this yesterday! Thank upu!
Sue

OMG. :angry: That would make me spitting mad.

I didnt even realized it until much later. But I had my angel watching over me . I was booked same week again and group stayed for 3.5 month. That was much nicer than that one week i lost

2 Likes