Coronavirus in my town

No way I’m going to the post office.

You can go online to USPS.com and set up pickups at your house in the US. No contact with the driver required.

Last time I went to the post office to mail a box someone was breathing down my neck until I finally exploded at them to back off. I am not going back.

I don’t even have to do that. I print the label at home and set the package out. The letter carrier drops off my package being delivered and takes the one I left. I already have priority mailing boxes and envelopes in addition to tons of materials in my garage.

I’m interested to learn what River Rock has to go in person for. There must be something I didn’t know about the USPS.

I have no choice if I want to get mail, no delivery in my small town. Going to my PO box is not scary, waiting in line for a package is. I have left notes begging them to make changes and have contacted my congressman about it. Just before all this hit the fan I brought my glasses in for new lenses and they are mailing them and I need them so I will be going to check today. The thing is there are ways the PO can do better, they just do not GAF and its going to kill someone.

RR

Oh man, I’m sorry. That truly sucks.

Yup. 2020202020202020

I have a PO box, I just sit in my car until no one else is inside, and wear gloves while I am in there. I’ve been quarantining all my mail too. :roll_eyes:

Yep.

2 Likes

The locals here have their pitchforks out and pointing them at hotels and Air hosts for not following the states stay at home orders, or at least enabling the dumb ones. I just texted my guest for Saturday to see if she still plans to come, my finger is hovering on the cancel button I am waiting to hear. I like money, but I don’t need it bad enough to piss off the locals or be complacent in letting people break the govt orders. I am waiting last minute to cancel so they have less chance of replacement booking

RR

2 Likes

That would not be a good idea. It’s something that has a great potential for biting you on the arse, further down the line.

JF

Not only are the official numbers still increasing here, but it looks like they are even under-reported. If these unconfirmed (for COVID-19) deaths are positive, this would almost double the number of confirmed COVID-19 deaths in our county. But it would seem they are not even going to run the tests:

Fowler’s office also was investigating another almost dozen additional deaths of Dougherty County residents who died at locations other than the hospital and who previously had not been tested for the coronavirus.

“There are 11 we have tested,” Fowler said. “We’re waiting on the test results to come back.”

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation notified the county that due to its case load, it will not provide test results in those cases, he said.

(Michael Fowler is the Dougherty County Coroner.)

Do you know if there is a way to do this but still have certified mail or return receipt? I need to mail taxes soon and am hoping to avoid the P.O. (especially now that NYC is spilling out into the area :pensive: ) Any advice is appreciated.

I don’t but online has all the services they offer. I also do taxes online so don’t know what “mail taxes soon” means. LOL. I’m kidding, I mail my local property tax in but I just put a stamp on it.

2 Likes

I just cancelled my two upcoming reservations and blocked the calendar until the 16th of April. I may go in and create rules for 14 day stays only to allow for someone to quarantine. For the moment I am ok to just be vacant. This will pass, hopefully by the fall we will have a vaccine and will put this behind us. Thankfully I can afford to ride it out.

RR

2 Likes

That’s totally fair! I guess I’m a dinosaur. Before anyone says, ok boomer, I’m not that old. lol.

I’ve always done my own taxes and it’s been on paper with a pencil. I do fill out the forms online once I have the numbers and then print them out at least. But you’ve brought up a good point!

Well, I think this year is the year to go ahead and start doing them online. Is quickbooks the answer? Anyone who has a recommendation for doing online taxes, I’m all ears (or eyes in this case) :eyes:

1 Like

Well, we now have more confirmed COVID-19 deaths here (17, but the number rises constantly) than in any other county in our state. We are bouncing between second and third in the number of confirmed cases per county in Georgia, with the only two with more cases having seven to ten times as many residents.

We have 224 confirmed positive cases, and still waiting for hundreds of test results. It is in nursing homes and several medical staff are sick.

We even made CNN:

Heartbreaking for your town. I hope you are safe.

1 Like

Be quick, KKC. Obrador finally woke up today and told people to stay home and not go out unless essential. Whereas a week ago he was telling everyone not to worry and still touring around shaking hands and kissing babies. He’s talking about closing down the airports and for all I know, he might decide to close the borders entirely. Guatemala has.
Meanwhile, the locals in my town are acting like they never heard of the virus, or think they’re immune. I had to venture to my local fruit and veggie market yesterday and was at the counter bagging up my purchases (no mask or gloves on the cashier) and some woman came up to the counter to stand shoulder to shoulder with me. I just held my breath, left my stuff on the counter, and backed up 2 meters until she left.

Well I didn’t go. Between stay home orders and the advice of friends I decided against it. I have an 80 day supply and hopefully that will be enough.

Federal tax deadline has been extended to July.

1 Like

For 2019 taxes.

I’m pretty sure they are still expecting 2018’s as soon as possible :flushed:

1 Like