Conflicted about December booking

The most important information is the blue rectangle. It’s show the demand for each day.

The purple price is my price, the yellow price is the price for a few hotel that I choose some concurrence

Ah. So, the number of dark blue bars? Like cell phone reception? :slight_smile: And are you saying I don’t need to have an active account with booking.com to access this information?

I think you need to have a booking.com account even if you are not selling rooms there in order to get access to it

£74/79 two people weekday/weekend becomes £99 23rd Dec-2nd Jan
Minimum stay is 2nights mostly, 3 nights July & August, and 5 nights during the Xmas period as above.

I see. Ok, I’ll create a booking.com account and see if I can get access. Thank you.

Hi @Caiti,

Great! Thanks for the details.

It’s worth to try I think.
Don’t hesitate to ask me latter if you need help with the platform. Did you check what is listed with booking.com on your city ? (regarding price etc…)

Hi @sylvainbg,

Yes, I’ll ask if I have questions. thanks. I’ve looked at booking.com for my city. It’s mostly hotels that are advertising there. Mostly they look quite expensive. But I’m more interested in demand levels.

Do you understand why the demand is up some days? For example, demand on Aug 5th and 6th seems to be high in your chart. Why?

Basically in Europe, July and August is very high demand and Aug 5th and 6th is many people that are travelling for holidays.

Well, Ok. But why specially Aug 5th and 6th? Is there something special about those days? I note that they are Friday and Saturday respectively.

It’s the peak of the summer holiday.

There are a small music festival but I don’t think it’s that bring people, maybe something else that I don’t see.

Hey @AquaticQuests! It’s been awhile since we’ve ‘seen’ you - how’s it going?!

Until now I didn’t know about the setting for limiting bookings farther out than 3, 6 months. I just changed mine from no limit to 6 months. When I get an inquiry for just one month, far in the future, I worry that it will block someone who would have stayed for several months, but this one month booking is taking up space in the midst of the time they want.

Up to now I’ve sometimes had to decline and say that I hesitate to book that far out, so much can change in 8 months, 10 months.

Hey @dcmooney,
I’m good. Busy trying to set up a new listing hopefully going live in August fingers crossed.
It will likely be an “entire place” kind of listing so different from the type of hosting we’ve been doing so far!!!