Conflicted about December booking

Usualy its from 23rd of December until 2 of January. I said Holiday but i really meant season. Because here in South Florida season means when its cooler here which the months of December through end of March. These is when people from North take vacation and run from cold here.

Here in NYC which has a sizable Indian population I was used to Bombay as well and ate at the Bombay house restaurant in the day! Yum, great food. Now I go to a great thali place. We still have restaurants using Bombay in the name but not too many. Hereā€™s a place I love:
http://www.pippalinyc.com/

Yes, I see. The question then is when people are more likely to come to Bombay. I suppose summers are popular. (July has been quite busy here.) I suppose the big hotels would know that, but thereā€™s no reason why they would tell me, except out of the goodness of their hearts. Hahaha.

I am using bookingSuite on booking.com to see demand on my city (itā€™s free)

1 Like

Yes, but is it accurate? :slight_smile: Also, I suppose you have to use booking.com to use bookingSuite, right?

Yes itā€™s very good (basically itā€™s using the booking on hotels to show me the demand of the city).
Yes right but you just need to suscribe and no need to sell rooms there

1 Like

Oh, so you can get it for free without having an active listing? Are you sure? If so, I should look into that. Though I donā€™t understand why booking.com would give it away.

You can judge by hotels prices. There will be a noticeable difference between high and low season

1 Like

Yes, but you need to have access to summary information. LIke @sylvainbg was just talking about. Unless one has the patience to grovel through hotel booking systems. I donā€™t think I do.

Hi @sylvainbg,

suite.booking.com refuses to let me connect. Thatā€™s the bookingSuite url, right?

Me too. If Iā€™m going to have strangers come invade the space during the family holiday time, they can pay for the privilege. Iā€™m not giving away Christmas like I have in the past. If I canā€™t sell it it can sit empty.

Oh god, Faheem, Iā€™m the same ā€¦ I decline someone for what seems to be a good reason to me, write them a nice (though not always strictly truthful), reason, then they write a nice email back and I feel sorry for them! Softies of the world, unite ā€¦

2 Likes

I did:)ā€¦

I have done it with my booking.com account

I am showing you how itā€™s looking for July.

Last year I decided that I probably wouldnā€™t want the hassle of cleaning and preparing our two-bedroomed flat (itā€™s an ā€˜entireā€™ listing) for guests while spending timepreparing for Christmas, and prioritising spending time with family. Christmas is busy enough. I wanted a rest. So I thought ā€œhow much would I have to charge to really make me want to do it, and how long would the stay need to be do Iā€™m not greeting people/cleaning twice during the xmas ā€˜holsā€™. I thought of a number. Thought -ā€ Iā€™d never pay that much". Posted it anyway and expected the place to stay empty and to get a rest. In September I got two December bookings that pretty much covered the whole month - high price period included (23dec - 2 Jan)! So, December ended up a little busy, but not too much work with changeovers, and with the price hike too! I didnā€™t want to rip anyone off. If anything, the higher price was intended put them off! It didnā€™t! And I got a great review. So, this year, I guess Iā€™ll do the same :slightly_smiling_face:

I did the exact same and was shocked anyone would pay it. But every year they do.

Hi @sylvainbg,

Thanks for the chart. However, more details would be helpful. What do the orange and purple rectangles represent? And I think one would have to have a listing with booking.com. Otherwise, how could they offer price suggestions for a listing they know nothing about?

@Caiti and @konacoconutz,

So, whatā€™s your normal rate vs your elavated rate, and for what period exactly do you elevate it? I assume this is all public information anyway, so I feel itā€™s Ok to ask.

$79 low season, - up to $120 per night super high season (Christmas) but a ten day block is required.

That is the most insightful advice I have ever seen on this forum!
Wow