"Common sense" isn't so common: what common sense do your guests lack?

Here is where I was a few minutes ago

6 Likes

JUST as I pictured!!! Such a sweet place!!! :smile:

1 Like

It’s nice like this for about 2 months only :slight_smile:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqYw4go6Uc

2 Likes

This is what it looks like 8 months of the year

2 Likes

I really have a pet peeve about the whole makeup thing. I have a big box of makeup wipes in the bathroom. I just had a guest ruin a towel and hide it in the closet, and then ruin 2 washcloths and another towel. Plus all the blood stains on the bed. Argh.

Luckily after all the advice other hosts have given on this site, they washed clean. I have found CLR works as a really last resort. I had given up on one stain, when my next guest suggested it. Worked like a charm.

1 Like

I’ve never had one issue with makeup on towels or bedding! (knocking on wood)

1 Like

Very true:) He also said: my feet are more important than your pool, and you are an arrogant business person.

2 Likes

What a complete scumbag!

1 Like

Lol. He was actually extremely pleasant the whole time until last moments when I asked for damages. Some people can’t handle stressful situations in a graceful manner and that’s what counts

2 Likes

Oooooo I love the snow!

Yana, what a jerk. Where do these idiots come from and why do they always seem to find your place?!!! :frowning:

Are you now going to have to add a rule about no socks in the pool? People will think you’re a kook too! :smile:

Seriously these clods just need to own the damages that they do. It’s common sense that if you have someone fuzzy in the pool whether it is a dog or socks, the filter will get clogged.

mr Fuzzy sox. Good riddance, and please post his profile in our Bad Guest Lounge! :smile:

1 Like

Did they leave before your breakfast?

1 Like

Do they want to use your computer when they print off the tickets? I wouldn’t want anyone touching my computer.

1 Like

It bugs me even when frinds ask to print boarding passes. Unnecessary. You can simply use the self serve kiosk and do it yourself at the airport.

2 Likes

Goodness, what a total jerk!

1 Like

Of course you do…you never have to drive in it :slight_smile: Or shovel it, or watch it come off your roof in an avalanche with such force and weight that it ruins part of your back deck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Kona, thankfully its a very small percentage. The rest are good. This guy was not even bad, its the end with socks that ruined everything:).He was very polite, responded quickly, did not damage anything, house was left in a moderately clean condition, nothing gross, he just left a bunch of stuff like underwear, left overs of cooked food right on a counter top, but it was nothing horrible.

Yes, about rules, he told me: you should have said something to us then, that we should not wear socks in a pool. I asked him, have you even seen in any public pool rules a line like that? Its the same as put in rules, Do not go to the bathroom in a kitchen

But when i was showing house to new guests, i told them story about socks, and said: PLease, no socks in a pool, jockingly. Because of my accent they thought i said No sex in a pool, and suddenly they started jocking about it saying that wives are home and they are not into each other. I was just standing there starring at them not understanding what on earth they are talking about and then i figured. We could not stop laughing after it was clarified.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thats why i never returned from my vacation in Florida back to New York

3 Likes

All of my family lives in FL, I’ve got 23 months till I can retire from my current job, the major benefit from my job that is the reason I’m still there is that upon retirement, I get to take my health insurance with me. I will still have to work full time as my pension will not be much, but like many RN’s, I’m so burned out that I really just want to go work at Trader Joe’s or something!

Or you can do Airbnb , houses are still very reasonable here comparing to the rest of US

1 Like