Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Coffee machines

I provide a Keurig coffee maker and pods.
We don’t offer kitchen access, so it sits on a chrom e wire shelving unit in the hallway with a hot water pot, microwave, mini refrigerator, dishes and utensils.

I don’t like the sustainability of the pods, but with a lack of space it it checks the box for “coffee provided.” I considered a French press or a small drip coffee maker, but the disposal of grounds and rinsing in the bathroom sink didnt work for me. I do wash the dirty dishes daily.

Guests use the Keurig a bit, but that’s all. I was concerned about the cost, but it has been very reasonable.

1 Like

I just can’t believe how stupid some people are. I also had some who tried to light up an electric candle at my house.

4 Likes

I have 3 rooms with a shared kitchen only used by the B&B.

I would never have a Keurig for myself, or paid full price for one for the B&B, but when it was $15 at a yard sale, it was a no-brainer. No one messing up the sink, no spilled grounds on the floor. I buy the Costsco “Pacific Bold” pods, which are a decent dark roast coffee, and no one has complained. I provide 2 of the reusable pods for folks that want to bring or buy their own coffee (our town has 2 really good coffee roasters). It’s been operating for a year without problems.

At another yard sale, I paid $5 for an almost new Cuisinart electric kettle, and so far no one has tried to heat it on the electric stove. I provide tea bags that include Tips for the Brits, as well as herbal teas, Earl Grey, and Chai Spice.

1 Like

Hint: Many of us prefer Yorkshire Tea.

Just sayin’ :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

Yay, Yorkshire Gold :slight_smile:

I use Senseo style pods, one makes a small pot. I also buy empty paper pods and fill them with local coffees. I write the name on the edge of the pod with food safe ink. Not necessarily something everyone wants to do, but I enjoy it and the guests seem happy with it. The pods are compostable in our backyard composter.

3 Likes

Only pod-types, only second hand. I scored a brand new $130 Keurig on Facebook Marketplace for $50, yay me! So much easier to clean up after, IMHO. I have the refillable pods if guests bring their own coffee, but I also supply Newman’s Own (bought in bulk at Costco) ones.

1 Like

Do your guests have access to a kitchen? I have a French Press… and guests have access to the kitchen, so no need to worry about cleaning it in the bathroom sink.

IKR!? Some guests tried lighting an LED candle in one of my houses!

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!