Coffee cup size?

We provide an electric kettle. We have teapots, too. Since our tea selection is in teabags, maybe those who use teabags don’t use teapots. I don’t know. I don’t drink tea. Bad me.

3 Likes

Not at all. It’s just a personal tastes, like everything. I wish more places were like yours and provided a kettle and a teapot.

We get a lot of guests from Europe, Australia and so on and they see those items as essential. As do I. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perfect solution, picture of your listing and CONTACT INFO Never ever spend money on promotional items that they cannot contact you… Mugs are good because they could be around a long time and if they can contact you 3 years from now when planning a trip BOOOM you are right there. Expect them to walk away though, that the plan.

RR

2 Likes

I’m a lifelong coffee drinker and I use regular 8 oz. mugs. If you are thinking to replace them with those huge 16 oz cups, I would personally hate that. They usually have a wide rim and the coffee gets cold in them way too quickly.

1 Like

I think you’d be happy at our place too! An electric kettle, a stove top kettle, small teapot, large teapot, tea bags, loose teas, tea balls, fill it yourself tea bags, tea bag squeezers and those little tea bag dishes (that are shaped like a tiny teapot), 7 different sweetners, cream and lemon. Oh, and there is also a desk and chair (promise!) :wink:

3 Likes

Why not have a variety of sizes? We have big mugs and little teacups - they don’t have to match, just coordinate. I definitely have some ladies that use the saucers. It might be the part of the country I’m in, not sure but I got some fancy sets at the thrift shop. They are originally tres pricey but easy come, easy go…That way everyone gets what they want.

1 Like

Oh my goodness. It sounds to be almost tailor-made for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that’s exactly what I strive to hear from every guest! :angel:

5 Likes

Thanks for the responses. Maybe I’ll try to keep some of the smaller cups/saucers somewhere less convenient to access but still easy to find like a higher shelf in the cupboard. If they don’t get used, I’ll get rid of them. I dislike dusting/washing stuff that never gets used. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You’d have to ditch the saucers or set them elsewhere, but the little tea cups hang nicely under a shelf from cup hooks. If you have attractive tea cups (and tea cups should always be attractive ,) they will look pretty hanging there but not take up any shelf space.

1 Like

What side of the decorative pillow debate were you on? :smiley:

6 Likes

You’re wrong @Brian_R170! Don’t box me in :wink: I hate decorative pillows. I especially hate pillows with words on them. A couple of throw pillows make a living room comfy but anything beyond that is a TJMaxx addiction. Lol. I do care for aesthetics though, but most decorative pillows are not that. Plus I have swedish blood, there must be a purpose for the pretty thing.

3 Likes

I have 2 pretty teapots that I use for my tea drinking guests, they seem to like them, they look pretty on he table, and no more tea bag tags hanging over the lip of the cup

1 Like

That sounds perfect :slight_smile:

Ha Ha I missed that .I was admiring the rather large cup of Joe❤

2 Likes

I have no Swedish blood and I dislike decorative things that have zero purpose as well. Art on the walls is one thing, or sentimental items that one of my kids made for me, but anything beyond that are just useless dust collectors for me. And the decorative pillow craze, don’t even get me started on that. Pile them up halfway down the bed in the morning, only to take them off and put them somewhere else at night, day in and day out? I wish I had that much time to waste.

1 Like

KISS
Keep it simple stupid is my motto. If I have 6 plates 6 wine glasses 6 of this and 6 of that it serves my listing for 6, it leaves two spares out of a set of 8 and it makes for a quick inventory. I know immediately if I am missing a wine glass. I have had the argument with my spouse who is like, but the guests will have to wash stuff between use or run out… Yes. They. Will. and again before they leave. Also if there were 12 its more to go through to ensure they are clean. 6 is the magic number for me.

I have never heard a complaint that I did not provide enough dishes…

RR

1 Like

Off to google “man-sized pocket”…:joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Uhhuh…

lol

RR

1 Like

I won that debate with spouse as well. just no, once I explained that I did the cleaning and managing and you really do not get a say and people are gross and sweaty and… No decorative pillows left in the cabin.

RR

1 Like