Coffee creamer options?

Thanks for the tip!

I don’t understand. Why would home share hosts be able to offer decent coffee and real cream and entire home hosts not? How does housekeeping figure into it?

For remote hosts like me we would have to pay a cleaner to go buy stuff and restock. I know I wouldn’t be able to do it.

1 Like

Well, they could pick up a little container of cream on the way to the cleaning job. Takes 5 minutes to stop at a convenience store.

Yes, if a host is remote, then it would be a hassle. But if a host lives not far from the rental, even if they have a housekeeper, other supplies have to be bought anyway, right? TP, paper towels, soap, etc. Or like I said above, “go buy stuff” just entails a 5 minute stop at a store on the way. Obviously not doable if the rental and the housekeeper are out in the boonies, though.

In any case, I’m not saying all hosts should provide this, but if one advertises that they provide coffee, some cheap coffee packets, a Mr. Coffee machine, and some powdered chemicals don’t count as coffee for most coffee drinkers.

This is what hotels provide in hotel rooms so hosts follow suit. For a long time I didn’t have a coffee maker, just instant coffee. I’d joke to the guests that it was just emergency coffee…“I need coffee to go get coffee.” Now that my prices are 50% higher than back then I’ve upgraded my offerings.

This falls into the category of all hosts being different. It’s hard on hosts who only offer one thing to compete with hosts who provide several things.

I try not to put anything flammable in my coffee. LOL. (Coffee-mate is flammable.)

2 Likes

I have found that vegans will almost always tell you they are vegan! But not in my whole house/separate listings.

I recently had a bone graft for a dental implant, and when reading the fine print after the procedure it said the graft could be either synthetic or bovine… I was like, damn good thing I am not vegan!

lol

Good morning all

RR

2 Likes

It won’t be happening for me. My cleaner has a tight schedule and I am in a rural area.

It had been ages since I stayed in a hotel, but last summer when I went to Canada, I had to stay at a hotel for 3 days on arrival, due to the quarantine requirement, as I hadn’t been vaccinated yet. There was a little coffee maker in the room and some supposed coffee packets. I don’t know what that stuff was, but it had neither the smell nor the flavor of coffee- it was completely scentless and tasteless. A jar of instant coffee would have been a big improvement, which is saying a lot.

Plenty of people think some instant coffee is better than Keurig pods. When the Keurig I have goes out I may not replace it.

I have never had or used one of those pod coffee makers. I know some people think they are now essential, but it always seemed to me that it’s just some marketing hype everyone falls for. And they take up a big chunk of counter space. I’ve also read that they can harbor a lot of bacteria if they aren’t cleaned properly.

I have always used a French press, and when I show my guests the coffee making set-up, many have said that’s what they use at home, too, and it’s what they prefer.
It’s also dead simple to clean and the garden appreciates the coffee grounds.

1 Like

I had a French press when I first met Virgil. I don’t drink coffee, so I’d never used it.

He’s a devoted coffee drinker, but he’d never used a French press. Between the two of us, we must not have figured out how to use it properly. He said all it was good for was "weak-kneed coffee.” We gave it away. I think we never really gave it a chance.

Oh, he corrected me. He likes his pour-over coffee maker, with an insulated thermos carafe. His dislike of the French press was that the coffee would be good for about a minute. As it sat longer, it would get more and more bitter—while cooling off.

1 Like

He didn’t know how to use it, I guess. I make strong coffee in it. And it doesn’t get bitter- the coffee doesn’t sit in the grounds, the grounds are trapped under the plunger.

But yes, the coffee will go cold if you don’t drink it right away, which is why I made insulated cozies for mine. They keep the coffee warm for an hour.

3 Likes

I worked in an office which had a coffee machine and when it had to be repaired they found it full of maggots.
I’m staying in an Airbnb at the moment and it has a pod thing but also a jar of instant coffee which I’m happy about. If there’s no instant where I’m staying I go out and buy a jar.

1 Like