Just so there is something for people to look up. A few years ago, a tenant had brought them in by mistake. The pests love cardboard moving boxes.
Remember, if you see “any roaches at all”, there are more. If you see any in daytime, it is really bad.
We implemented a “scorched earth” policy with several products at once. All activity was gone in under a week and has never returned, for minimal cost.
- Advion Gel - this stuff is amazing. We only needed a small part of only 1 tube (4 tube kit). Some people swear by this alone.
- Home-made “Roach Cookies”. Marble-size. Make with peanut butter and Harris Boric Acid Powder (see Amazon).
- More “Roach Cookies”. Marble-size. Make with Harris Boric Acid Powder, bacon grease, flour and little water.
- Sticky traps (to help validate activity). Count # collected each day.
- Harris boric acid powder, behind stove
We also bought Gentrol IGR Concentrate (renders juveniles sterile before they can breed), and fortunately did not need it. If your infestation is serious this is a must and the best price I found: