Clogged toilet and guest's clean up strategy

Here are two loos at two different homes I stayed at in England. One seems to have a valve and I don’t think the other, more posh one does. What is an airing cabinet?

Why do you have photos of toilets?! :joy:

It’s a long story… but the short answer is, I used to blog… and toilets were a favorite topic!

2 Likes

Clearly…they have been oh so popular here.

1 Like

Oh Kona, how you make me smile!

My loo is like the first …where is the valve ?

The airing cupboard usually houses the boiler and traditionally it’s where we keep blankets.

1 Like

And also a great place to rise the dough if your making homemade bread :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s kind of cut off in the picture… but isn’t it on the lower corner connected to that white pipe? :smile:

Yes! My mum also grew some chicks in the airing cupboard… ah those were the days :wink:

1 Like

@Zandra, @konacoconutz, @azreala

Dear fellow hosts, I’m so sorry my lament on my guest’s clogged toilet incident created friction amongst hosts…in my, admittedly, ignorance, I think it’s the guest’s fault…

1 Like

You know I love you all, but this is such a weird thread.

Can I use the word weird?

1 Like

My London toilet. All pipes hidden except for the one that matters that has a small black valve to turn off the water supply. Thanks for bringing this up, I have to admit I’d never really looked too closely at this and now thanks to you guys I know what to do if it overflows, yay! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hip Hip Hooray for @konacoconutz and all her previously clogged toilet experience! :joy:

2 Likes

I knew I was good for something! Just another skill that I honed myself after my divorce…along with chainsawing, painting and gutter cleaning. Not that my ex did any of those things to begin with. :laughing:

4 Likes

:grin: HAHa, good hobbie!