Clogged toilet and guest's clean up strategy

I said LIKELY. I didn’t say definitely.
But go ahead, refund your guests because THEY clogged the loo! This list looks like the one every guest will send to Air asking for a refund because they don’t want to admit THEY clogged it.

I had a guest over Labor Day put something down the toilet. It barely flushed. Called the plumber to snake it out. He could not get his snake past the object. NUTHIN’. So we had to buy a new toilet. The old one is out in the garage waiting for us to take it to the recycle dump. I’m half tempted to bust it open to see what it is in there. AAUUGHHH

1 Like

Do it please and then report back. Apparently some guests are allowed to clog toilets with anything they please and make it the host’s fault!

Can we start making bets on what he finds in there?

I’ll go first:

The guest’s husband’s 2nd cell phone that he uses to stay in touch with his other wife. $5

6 Likes

Love it!!! …

1 Like

I’ll go with contraband for $5.00.

3 Likes

I will say crumpled up, unread Guest Information Document… $5

4 Likes

Calling someone “gay” is offensive? Would calling them “straight” be just as offensive?

You can call me “gay” all day long. Now, if you were to call me “straight”, you would be wrong, but not offensive or un-PC.

What @Emily was referring to is calling something one thinks is stupid “gay”. This is popular in high school. Student A will propose an activity that Student B thinks is uncool. Student B will say, “That’s so gay.”. My husband is a high school teacher. He spends an inordinate amount of his day telling students to not use the word gay as an insult.

1 Like

…that moment you read some of the comments on the thread, wonder whether to say something and instead go back to reading your book…

It’s a beautiful day in Mexico by the way !

@cabinhost I just spit out my wine!!! I will go with condoms from his tryst with the ‘other woman’ $10.

@konacoconutz Live from Barcelona, here is my toilet, with exposed valve. Like @EllenN said much toilet here do not have any thing exposed in the back, both my toilets go directly into the wall. They actually build a small area in front of the wall to hide the plumbing,etc.

I also want to say THANK YOU for mentioning ‘turning off the water supply’ DUH! But have I ever thought of that in a clogged toilet situation, nope.

Lastly, as a person with a mobility disability (which term I personally loathe) go on with your bad self and using ‘lame’. I have NEVER thought to correct someone for saying something is ‘lame’.

2 Likes

LOL! Don’t join in and get in the sewer today with the rest of us today. Have another margarita!

2 Likes

My turn out of the sewer today :wink:

What is it with the forum and loos, it’s been a bit of a fixation lately.

Here’s what I’m drinking at the moment:

1 Like

YAY!!! Love the tile btw, so charming.

I guess it is the “corrective” attitude here as much as anything that got on my nerves. :smiley: True there may be toilets without open valves in various areas of the world… I concede. But to be corrected by the PC police is too much for me today. Sorry!

But I now must challenge those in England to please…

SHOW US YOUR VALVES! I bet they are there if you look. :smiley: The idea that they might be built into the wall is possible, but ludicrous. (Oh sorry, someone might feel the need to correct me for that. apologies in advance!) I mean… you would have to pay someone to destroy the drywalll to get to it? And then repair the drywall?

As for the valve trick… it came from years of unclogging toilets by my sons. For years, and years, whenever my one son would go in… it was always ten minutes and then… " MOM… !" I trained them to turn it off. Until I got there with the plunger.

And by the way. Whenever he did clog it was ALWAYS FROM NUMBER 2 and PAPER!

1 Like

@konacoconutz our valves are indeed in the wall. The way you’d deal with an overflowing toilet is to use the stopcock.

Why do we like to make things difficult for ourselves? You guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

That’s the unit inside the tank top, right? See at least there is another method besides just mopping up the mess with towels!

Haha no it’s the thing that stops all water flowing into the house. But… you’re jogging a distant memory of something in the cistern…

I wouldn’t expect Spain to be on the forefront of plumbing innovations, so take my post with a grain of salt.

Yes, I LOVE the tile! It turned out very very well. I just had the ‘sealing’ guy round today to get a quote to put a lovely ‘brillo’ top coat on it, as I fear if I don’t put anything on it my lovely guests will scratch the sht out of the tiles.

1 Like

I daresay you wouldn’t have time to run round out side the house as the loo was overflowing.

Mine is, bizarrely, 20 seconds away from the toilet (in the airing cupboard- do you have those in Hawaii?). I am pretty sure I’m the exception with that though…

And since it’s in the airing cupboard… no way a guest would know where to look for it…