Clearly a scam, right?

I got VRBO support on the line and they didn’t seem concerned. Emphasized (as does their report form) that I should be absolutely sure before reporting. Wouldn’t they want to err on the side of blocking nonsense like this?

Hi, sorry for the delay but we have now decided. We would like to rent the place for those days, we are just 3 adults coming on the trip, there are no kids or pets on board with us. My company is taking care of the vacation and will be sending a company check or cashiers check for the payment. Let us know the total payment for all 6 days, also provide the mailing information so we can sort out the payment. Kindly provide the following so we can have it submitted as quickly as possible, as this information will be used to overnight your payment. Full name: Address: Cell: Amount:
We all understand the corona virus is still out there but we’ve all been tested and vaccinated, and our dates are flexible if these dates are no longer available. Please find the attached file below and contact me directly, feel free to call, text or email. I will be waiting to read from you. Thank you

Had you already been in contact with them? It’s odd that they don’t want to pay via VRBO and VRBO doesn’t care. Anyway I’d just reply that you only accept payment via VRBO at this time. You probably won’t even get a reply.

5 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. Thanks for validating

1 Like

If you’ve never seen the fake check scam, surely you know that corporate travelers with flexible dates do not exist. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

SCAM! They send you a check for too much money, then ask you to send back the extra. The check is bad and you are out money.

4 Likes

OMG! This is a total scam. More concerning is that if VRBO doesn’t care, this must be a common occurrence. I’ve gotten many like this on HomeStay. I just declined them and eventually disconnected from that site