Checkout time 10am?

The email fro
Airbnb said it was.

Lauren

Interesting. I recall hearing that Air was going to introduce the option to charge guests if they stay past check-out time. Although how do you prove it?

I’ll probably photo document – they’re time stamped.

Lauren

We have a 10 am checkout for the 2 bedrooms we use for hosting. We have been hosting for almost a year. It has only been an issue once or twice. My husband just gently knocked on the door and let them know that it was checkout and we had more guests coming that day. I like the 10 am checkout.

Is it wrong to leave check in and out time blank? I don’t have my policy set with Airbnb. Due to my work schedule, I give myself a day between bookings on weekdays and guests can self check in with the gate and door code. If it’s a weekday, I allow them to check in as early as 8am and check out by 4pm. If it’s on the weekend, I change it to 1pm check in and 10am check out as I want to maximize revenues when I’m around to clean between guests. I just rent out a spare room in my place.

I personally feel 10am is unfair to guests. If the US standard is 11am, doing 10am is to OUR benefit but immediately reduces our service to below a hotel. I personally have noticed not reducing my services has helped me maintain a very high occupancy for my area and an excellent overall rating. Having before 11am checkout I feel reduces us from being good hosts to purely a strict transactional business in the eyes of our guests.

This thread is over five years old and resurrecting old threads is considered poor forum etiquette.