Check amenities on your listing

Seems like Airbnb added new amenities and by default it indicated that my listing offered them. I had to manually change it. All of a sudden my listing was offering a pool, sauna, hot tub, ping pong table, beach badges, boat slip, etc. Check your listing.

6 Likes

OMG – What a good catch!

My listing showed I had a piano, a kayak, a hot tub, all sorts of things for children, ping pong table, sauna, resort access, ski in/out access, and much more.

Thank you, thank you. thank you!

4 Likes

I just messaged Airbnb just in case someone booked my place thinking I had all those wonderful things, I wish!

I don’t want to get a 1 star from a guest because the platform had a glitch so I wanted it in writing so I reported the bug and also messaged Airbnb.

3 Likes

It would be very funny if a guest complained about the lack of our ski in/ski out access. Or maybe not so funny when they complain 72 hours after the stay and get a full refund.

The other day I was looking at our property vs competitors. I did notice that I had like 90 some amenities, which surprised me, but I didn’t click on them to see what they were.

1 Like

Go back and check again. I just looked at my listing and they were all back! I had to go in again to change it a second time.

What are beach badges? Is that like being a sheriff?

1 Like

Beach badges are seasonal passes and beach goers can go as often as they like without paying a daily fee.

I had a guest ask about a non existent hot tub as there were no pictures of it in the listing……at least they read the listing!

1 Like

Thanks for the warning, nothing so far.

1 Like

Thanks for heads up. Yep, I suddenly had a pool, a hot tub, ski-in ski-out, and about 20 other things I don’t offer.

Furthermore they changed the things I already had marked as not offering to offering.

all effed up. can we assume we always did it right and check means you have that and x means you do not???

1 Like

LOL. Yes, you always did it right.

1 Like

That’s what it would mean in the real world, but there’s no telling in Airbnb’s alternate reality. :crazy_face:

Like their trick question amenity- No parking on property. So if there is no parking on the property are you supposed to put a check mark or an x? Yes, there is no parking, or no, there is not no parking?

It’s just unbelievable that they did this to, I assume, thousands of hosts’ listings, if not millions. And the only way hosts find out about these glitches is by constantly checking their listings or finding out on a forum. I have never dealt with such an incompetent business and it never gets any better.

5 Likes

Yes, I was quite shocked to see all of the new options were checked as if we had them, beach access, kayak, pool, etc etc

1 Like

Wow! Same here! Just changed all the relevant ticks to crosses but I can’t see how to save…

1 Like

Actually I just went out and in again and all my changes are there. Thanks all for this heads up

1 Like

I looked and no amenities were added to my listing. Then I went to the edit amenities list and they all appeared with check marks on. Then went back to the list and there they were so went back to the edit list and turned them off. Then back to the list and it was correct. It’s as if clicking edit activated them. But I’m also unlisted until further notice so I’ll double check it once I reopen.

5 Likes

You’re unlisted until further notice? :thinking::cry:

They need to fix this - it’s bad programming. When you check (or uncheck) ANYTHING in the amenities, the entire listing goes to all checked.

1 Like

Technically I’m snoozed until 1 June but that could change.

I have a direct booking for most of May from a dog boarding client who is moving and her house is sold already. She doesn’t know for sure when she actually leaving and then I have travel of my own planned together with a friend staying a week in June. Altogether it’s just a lot going on. Unlisting or snoozing instead of blocking calendar days keeps anyone from contacting me and working for nothing. LOL.

3 Likes