Check amenities on your listing

Ha! I went in to check, thanks to you, @Ritz3 . My amenities are okay, but I have a large box up top of the Listing Details that says, “Tell us more about your TV. Add details.”
About what TV? There is no TV. There is no electricity in my listing.
I x-ed out the box and now the page has frozen. Gobsmacked, I guess, that I don’t have a TV.

1 Like

I have no TV, so they said “Tell us about your TV”. And some other things too…Alas!

2 Likes

OMG, @ritz3, what a good catch for a maaajor problem!

I can then imagine AirBnb shutting down my listing for not delivering “listed” amenities. Way beyond shabby, exceeding shoddy - entering the domain of shady business practice!

1 Like

The scary part is a guest complaining about an amenity that you didn’t include, that the Airbnb glitch’s did include and the useless CSR not understanding thIs and refunding the guests.
I have seen full refunds for loss of internet that was an outside issue and not under the hosts control.
Remember when they included “hot water” as an amenity and the only heads up was when a potential booker asked about it……

2 Likes

Airbnb really needs to get their act together. Everyone here sees what they’re doing, but there are thousands that won’t.
My place from the get go, not suitable for children/infants and now they’re asking me about high chairs and travel beds.

Just had someone IB my place that said “father and daughter”, will bring an air mattress. When I looked the two reviews were not for this person so I asked her about it. Turns out she is trying to book 3rd party for 2 college aged kids.

Told her no 3rd party bookings and could she please cancel. I’m waiting, she doesn’t cancel, I will.

2 Likes

Update. The guest said they would cancel, then I get a message from Air that the guest wants me to cancel their 3rd party booking. Air says Cancel or keep reservation but don’t ask why you’re cancelling.

This is the first time I’ve called Air for this rental that I’ve had for a year and explained the situation to 3 reps. Supposedly, people with IB are allowed 3 cancellations within one year. However, they’ve now dinged me for cancelling.

Don’t have a lot of faith that this is going to get resolved.

2nd update, believe it or not they were going to charge me $50 for cancelling this reservation. The last rep that actually called back and sent two emails said they were removing penalties.

So those free 3 cancellations per year, is this what you get to go through? Not sure it’s worth it.

1 Like

Call CS and have THEM cancel because of the 3rd party booking, assuming she said that in an Air message.

1 Like

I was told that Airbnb was cancelling the 3rd party booking and was removing all the penalties from my account.

I had a cancellation rate of 2.3 because I was sick in Dec and had to cancel. Now from Airs cancellation yesterday my cancellation rate went up to 4+ and now when I looked at it, it is 8.33.

You talk to one person after another and repeat, repeat and they seem to understand what you’re saying then nothing happens.

After this I doubt I will ever call them again. It’s just not worth it.

1 Like

While I have had very few things to contact Airbnb about, I never call them, I always message. I want a record of what I was told and I also now screenshot their replies because I have noticed that when you indicate that they haven’t addressed your issue properly or aren’t understanding, the entire message exchange can mysteriously disappear.

And I have never had to cancel a booking, but depending on it how much the service fees were, it might be better to tell a guest that you were ill (or whatever reason the host needed to cancel) and that you’d refund them in full, including the service fees, if they would cancel from their end, rather than get penalized and fined $50-$100 per cancellation.

Oh, we’ve been emailing on platform too. Although you never know who is responding. If this ever gets sorted I’ll be surprised and this was a small thing compared to lots of peoples problems.

I happen to be on a little trip right now, at an Airbnb, so this was not something I needed to worry about.

The most recent thing I had to contact CS about was clarification on how they are collecting and submitting taxes here in Mexico. I was also getting nowhere trying to sign up for their Facturify site in order to get official invoices. And on top of that, I had been getting reminders to add my Canadian GST number, because while I am Canadian, my listing is in Mexico and Canadian occupancy taxes don’t apply.

After a couple of fruitless exchanges with a frontline CS rep, who was totally clueless about it, she actually passed it on to someone in the right dept, who called me the next day, but what she was telling me wasn’t correct, as she said I needed to add the Mexican taxes myself, when in fact they had charged them to my guest without me doing that.

So when I pointed out that what she was saying didn’t match what had been done, she then passed it on to someone else and I got an email to my email address from a knowledgable agent who patiently and thoroughly explained, walked me through everything, and stayed with me through several back and forth emails until all was clear.

I was actually kind of blown away and told him he was the best Airbnb rep I had ever dealt with.

2 Likes

@muddy,
I am also Canadian but host in the US. What was the outcome of the Canadian tax information that they keep requesting?

The rep told me I was getting those “Add your GST#” messages because they are automatically sent to hosts who have Canada as their profile address, but that since it doesn’t apply to my Mexican listing, that I can just ignore it.

I saved that email in case Airbnb starts erroneously applying GST.

2 Likes