Charging for bay crib and high chair

I don’t charge for infants but get requests for a high chair and baby crib. I would like to charge for providing these items since my cleaning lady will provide this. Is there a way to do this in the posting? An alternative would be to let them leave cash as payment for the items in the house.

For those of you that charge for these items how much do you charge, The main cost is the extra work for cleaning the beddings.

We provide for free- an IKEA high chair and a pack n play. They are very inexpensive and has bolstered our family friendly listing. I personally wouldn’t charge extra and have stayed in places when my babe was little where it was also provided for free.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. My issue is that I don’t have space to store them. In order to provide them my cleaning lady will take them to the apartment and set them up, and then take then home after each guest. I could absorb the cost, but I need to get some kind of indication when they are needed. The alternative of just writing that a specific request is to be made it in the house rules, or somewhere else on the listing, seams to be risky.

Look up pack n play! They collapse into a small bag that can be tucked in a closet (that’s what we do). The “extra bedding” is a small baby mattress cover that’s basically the size of a pillowcase.

2 Likes

Buy the items and put them in a closet for guests to use as needed or just not provide them.

It seems cheap to charge for them. Last thing a family with little kids needs is to be hit with charges for something like that.

I do not want to encourage toddlers in my listing, they are booger wiping fingerprinting monsters so I do not have those items on the amenities list, but they are available.

RR

3 Likes

We also provide a packable playpen and a highchair type seat that fastens to a dining room chair. Both are easy to store tucked away in a closet. I have a car seat too that someone left behind, so I leave it for guests to use!

I’m not up on car seat requirements, but I know that they change from time to time, and I think they’re different for different age/size kids. From a liability standpoint, I don’t believe I’d supply a car seat, just in case the seat has fallen below current standards. If guests have a car seat-sized kid, I believe it’s their responsibility to provide one.

4 Likes

Very good point!!! I may have to rethink that!

1 Like

Totally agree with this. Easily fits in a closet or under a bed.

1 Like

Agree 100%.

Also, unless they’re getting to your listing by bus/train, they’ll have a car seat.

JF

3 Likes