Charging extra for hot tub

Thank you Jaquo! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx that is my design, all pieces bought on cl. I just found a fantastic 2 person jacuzzi tub to use! Nearby and 500 bucksā€¦ and best of all , my dh likes the idea!! Now there is another one for 200 that has 10 jets. Does anybody know much about this style of tub???

Well done - itā€™s gorgeous!

My mum used to have a tub like that in England. It was very relaxing.

1 Like

I had one similar for twenty years. Recently cut it up with my sawzall and threw it in a dumpster. If only I knew you wanted one. LOL. I will say mine was jacuzzi brand and I never had any problem with it. But I didnā€™t use it much which is why I took it out.

1 Like

ha! do you think they are very dated looking??
of course I would do a cool surroundā€¦

and would this amenity likely pay for itself?? lets say it cost 2.5k$ @50 bucks per stay additional, 50 stays would cover it right?

They are retro looking not dated. :slight_smile:

The only thing to watch for is if theyā€™re not used for a while water lingers in the pipes and can smell funky. My mumā€™s did anyway.

1 Like

Yes, installed in someoneā€™s home but I know you could pull off a fabulous presentation.

That totally depends on a market. It might get used more in winter than summer and that limits you because you are in a warm climate. But then again you are place best suited to 2 who want a getaway so maybe it would be used a lot. I donā€™t think itā€™s a terribly risky venture. If I were you Iā€™d look at the similar properties in SoCal with hot tubs and see what they offer, what they charge and what people say about it. You can search a hostā€™s reviews for certain terms like hot tub, jacuzzi or spa so you donā€™t have to read all the reviews.

1 Like

Well in summer it could be a ā€œcool- offā€ jet tub for those 105+ degrees daysā€¦

1 Like

Hmmm

RR

Surely sheā€™s including delivery/set up/plumbing/drainage and the decorative set up. Sheā€™s not going to just drop a $300 cattle tank into the yard. Then thereā€™s the water, chemicals, maintenance.

Iā€™ve been thinking of doing the same for years, but donā€™t know if it will ever become reality with the length of my list and my advancing age.

Itā€™s so hot and humid where I live in the summer and donā€™t have space or $ for a pool, but a cool-down tub would be awesome.

She was talking about something she could dump each time. But ya

1 Like

Yes Muddy, my dream also is to have a ā€œsmall pool>spoolā€ on property! Arenā€™t you walking distance to the sea there?

I was looking at a stock tank for about 150$, 103 gallons. But I donā€™t really prefer them unless there is some kind of finish on the inside. I am in conversation with my contractor. I found an incredibly beautiful large leaded glass window which would provide the gorgeous north view from the waist up to the rocks and palm trees!
With a jetted tub there is also electrical. Iā€™d like to run the hot water from the Gypsy source (through copper) and or>> I dunno if guests would like to just hook up a hose to the kitchen faucet to fill their tub (?) :slight_smile: mucho mas barrato:) update Iā€™m looking into this and it is very reasonable!

1 Like

3 OR 500 feet of black hose, in the sunā€¦ Start with that then feed it into a propane camp hot water heater like this
https://www.amazon.com/Camplux-Outdoor-Digital-Display-Tankless/dp/B01I1FU1FE/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&aaxitk=6U.MGRbP-Ixcvpvu-ZJ1og&hsa_cr_id=5429387400101&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=4caaf4fa-e75a-4943-ae78-5eda571868f5&pd_rd_w=ohPZF&pd_rd_wg=Emdzb&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_title

3 Likes

We installed an electrical tankless under the sink inside my Gypsy, it has been working with zero problemsā€¦ My contractor for some reason thinks it may not handle a tub or 20-25 feet away. I canā€™t remember how many gpm, its a small one but not the smallest. Maybe I will have to get another oneā€¦$$
No propane flames inside my Tiny tiki or outside!
I also want to go all electric (solar :revolving_hearts: ) and build an adu partially inside the large garage.

1 Like

@gypsy maybe this would be betterā€¦

RR

Until they come up with a ā€œtouchlessā€ toilet that no one touches with their hindquarters Iā€™m not impressed.

no thanks, even if we had the moolahā€¦ Iā€™ve been brainstorming all night

2 Likes

I have a swim-spa and charge nothing ā€œextraā€ for it winter or summer. It has increased my rentals by twice as much. I now bring in $60k revenue. I would HIGHLY recommend it for any Airbnb. It is used every night and is year round. Hot in winter, cold in summer. Our cabin is in Phoenix, but I can see it being used everywhere. I check the water and chemicals after each stay and usually have to change the water every qtr although there has been twice in past two years Iā€™ve had to do it after people through food in. It is the main reason people rent my place. I have a ā€œpoolā€ year round. The 1200 gallon spa cost me &10k. I needed to install cement pad and electric. Have never had it break down. It is THE BEST INVESTMENT I MADE. I have a cabin that is 1600 sq ft and my insurance through Lloyds of London costs close to what I pay for my own home. It stays much cleaner than a normal spa because of its size and filter system. I bought it from spa manufacturers. Itā€™s in FL but they deliver everywhere.

2 Likes

By how much did it increase your STR insurance?

What do you estimate your additional heating bills are in Dec, Jan, Feb?

Phoenix here as well and I agree that 50% of my guests select because of the pool. I donā€™t have a heater; I have a heatpump that is primarily used to chlll the pool in the summer. I donā€™t typically heat in the coldest months because its usually too cold to even want to sit aside the pool, let alone inside the pool.

I see a Spa as the feature that would transcend the winter months, and have been contemplating adding one (either integrated into the pool or standalone) so Iā€™ve been taking in many of the comments in this topic.

Curious as how do you define a ā€œcabinā€ vs a ā€œhouseā€.

2 Likes