Charging an Electric Car

In NZ they have a diesel tax/carbon offset fee that pays for bike lanes and EV infrastructure. I rented a motorhome there and had to pay it.

RR

1 Like

It is sponsored by an insurance company

3 Likes

Ha, it just goes to show how much money the insurance companies are making from we customers!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Debthecat You can get a locking box that covers the outlet, a lot of them are even “in-use”, meaning you can keep your dryer plugged in but no one can open the box and unplug it and then charge the car. The boxes are cheap, maybe $7 US but you may need to have an electrician install it, depending on the style. We had them on our outdoor outlets when we still lived in Austin - the electric is super-expensive there and, yes, people would steal it. (Unfortunately, the water is also very expensive there but we never figured out a lock for it - that’s my hometown, hip but full of thieves, people will dig plants out of your yard and take them too. Lol.)

I’m standing by you that this guest was terribly rude to do this without asking - he’s a douche even if your electric was cheap.

1 Like