Changes to Airbnb Review System

Was that a hint that you should just give her free time in the room? People!
Sometimes they ask upon booking, we have a late flight, just wondering if late check out is possible. Or is there a place to leave our bags?

“no, sorry, I don’t offer late check out, but you could leave the bags in the carport. I can’t be responsible for them though and I may not be home to watch them. They should be safe however. Some guests in your circumstances simply book another night since it will give them a whole other day in Hawaii, and they can shower and feel comfortable before their flight. Let me know if the same would work for you and we can just alter the reservation.”

2 Likes

I don’t have the new review system…maybe it’ll start on my next review???

Anyway, from what I see in your screenshot, I don’t like the new system too much! I mean, what’s up with “Location feedback?” REALLY? Bad enough we get star ratings for “location” and now we’re going to get feedback about it…oh man, I better stock up on blood pressure meds :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone comments negatively on my location I might comment back with a “Yeah, I hate it here too, so I rent out my room because misery loves company.” (Not really but it’s tempting)

4 Likes

Tracy doesn’t like being so close to a “overpowering” hospital? Does Tracy know how to look at a map? Tracy can go to H-E-Double Toothpicks.

I can’t with these people anymore. Really.

1 Like

@CatskillsGrrl You sound like your tolerance level is exceptionally low today. LoL

1 Like

Yeah this one really stumped me. My house is downtown and surrounded by hospitals and other large buildings several blocks away. Of course I gave these people a discount when they asked, waiving their entire pet fee, which seems to be a predictor for bad reviews/unreasonable expectations. The public review she left me was very nice though, even if it was 4 stars :sweat:

But this is all “private” feedback, yes?

Unrelated, @konacoconutz the use of “to” instead of “too” put me off immediately. Argh!

Did I do that?
If so it was inadvertent. Sorry.

People have to stop using–

Your instead of Your’re
Could of instead of could have
There instead of they’re

I could go on and on…

It’s the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re sht. :smile:

2 Likes

NO! Not you! That review! I thought you would’ve seen it too! To? Two? Haha!

“Wasn’t to keen on the…”

Does anyone know if Airbnb provides guidance for the guest reviews? I agree that the “Location” aspect of the review system seems inane since that is part of the listing and should be in the host’s description as well- known prior to booking. But, for example, what is “value”? If a host gets lower marks in one of the field how can improvements be made if we do not know how the rating is achieved? Also- one of our listings got full marks in all categories and then overall experience was a 4. Not stressing it but it does seem odd.

1 Like

I see no changes here. Overall experience and location are still present. You’re looking at the stats tab, right?

Wow, everyone sounds more than averagely pettish today. Maybe it’s something in the water…

Now I’m thinking of a suitably snarky comment to post. I don’t want to be left out.

Incidentally, by far the most common comment/request/question I get is regarding early check in, usually, but not always, before booking. Sometimes also late check out, but that is far less common. Up till now I’ve been pretty accommodating. People typically get here in the morning and want to check in immediately - which from my POV is not unreasonable. This often tends to be 10 am or so, because trains and planes getting into Bombay often arrive early morning. That’s about my limit - I’m not going to check anyone in any earlier.

I’m not sure about suggesting they book for the previous night - I’ve never tried that, and doubt it would go down well. A couple from Germany wrote recently about one night. They wanted me to keep their luggage. I said no, but that they could book in early if they wanted. I guess that wasn’t good enough, because I never heard back. :slight_smile:

Mine were not there…maybe it hasn’t changed for everyone yet

My location, check in, value and overall ratings are gone, too. I don’t miss location, but I will miss the other ones…i had a solid 5 stars in them.

2 Likes