Cancelled on by host

That is great to read.

1 Like

If you do get to post your review, please add the final blow as the very first sentence. Only then you will be sure that every potential guest out there will read it through the end.

This was the most miserable experience imaginable. I suggest you avoid this host and find another place to stay.
We booked a 3 day stay at 8 am the same only day ā€¦

6 Likes

I got caught up in a similar situation recently, but as a host.
I have a 5 day minimum stay rule and instant book enabled, nobody is ever able to book 4 nights. Howeverā€¦ I had no idea this rule goes out the window and doesnā€™t apply to calendar dates that have become available after another guest cancels!! So there is me, my current guest has just cancelled, and there are 4 nights left before the next guest arrives. I feel safe that nobody can book and donā€™t bother blocking these dates. I start doing home improvements turning my flat into a mess and then bang! an instant booking for 4 nights comes through. In a panic I called Air and got them to cancel penalty free within 5 minutes of the booking being made. I just had no idea this could happen! The cancelled guest was outraged despite me explaining exactly what happened and left me 1 star for everything and a horrible review with a private note saying ā€œYouā€™re welcomeā€. I tried to get the review removed but no luckā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bet this is exactly what happened to @RiverRock

All of these misunderstandings and angsts by both hosts and guests can be avoided if Airbnb would just get their systems right. :rage:

2 Likes

I have a real issue with hypocrisy, and my time in San Fran comes to mind.

The host told me that he knew the settings were for less than five days but the systems in Air would not allow them the flexibility they needed so they put the five days in the rules. My review will be posted in a few hours, timer on phone sent.

RR

2 Likes

In regards to who/what on this thread?

RRR

1 Like

Ahh. Good to know.

Post must be 20 characters.

Review was posted 2 minutes before the deadline, no review back from the host. It IS on her profile and well deserved. Thanks everyone for the input.

RR

1 Like

Like a boss!

Hopefully it will cost her at least one booking.

1 Like

Psycho!!! Iā€™m not smart enough to know how to look up guest reviews of hosts and most of my guests are newbies who IB big i sure hope that back fired on the guest and others rejected them in the future

1 Like

If you use the Crome web browser all you have to do is install the AirReview extension, then you can see the guestā€™s reviews too, itā€™s really useful!

Thanks I shall try to download it on my laptop on the weekend, as google tells me it wonā€™t work on iPhone? I must admit I am quite reliant on IT at work and my son at home (whoā€™s away). Iā€™ll youtube it!

1 Like

I think itā€™s computer only, not for phones

You most certainly are smart enough. Youā€™re smarter than I am and Iā€™m pretty smart. LOL. The way I did it before the chrome extension is to click on the guest profile and you see their reviews from hosts. Then click on the hostā€™s profile and scroll down until you find your guestā€™s review of them. You can see why we love the Chrome extension as thatā€™s a burdensome process. And sometimes itā€™s a host with so many reviews and your guest stayed long ago. I used to only do it in a few cases, like any guest with less than five stars overall or if they had anything questionable in their reviews. Like Jacquo I feel that I was tipped off to the idiosyncracies of a guest or two and was able to adjust to them and get the good review that might have eluded a less savvy host.

2 Likes

Chrome extension not working for me the last week this may be what I will have to do.

RR

1 Like