Can you require vaccination

We’ll likely need a vax card to travel internationally to many places, to enter some establishments, etc.

While I personally wouldn’t ask guests to provide vax proof, concern about being exposed to an often deadly virus isn’t what the word paranoia means.

paranoia

noun

para·​noia | \ ˌpar-ə-ˈnȯi-ə \

Medical Definition ofparanoia

1**:** a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations

2**:** a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

2 Likes

Firstly, its not ‘often’ deadly, it’s rarely deadly, look at the numbers.
Secondly, definition # 2 is exactly what I meant - “tendency on part of an individual toward suspiciousness of others”. Thank you for the definition.

You conveniently ignored the qualifiers “excessive or irrational”. As those of your mind set are wont to do. Take things out of context to bolster your view.

And 3 out of 100 people dying of a virus is often enough for me.

5 Likes

I’ve looked at numbers from multiple sources.

Covid19: 3/100 infected die.

Common flu: around 0.1/100 die.

The number/percentage with long term health issues: fatigue, permanent lung damage, brain damage, heart damage, circulation problems, etc is still being determined.

The variant B.1.1.7. Is 30% more fatal and highly contagious. Early results are the younger population is more heavily affected. It could be because they have not been vaccinated.

Caution is wise.

Btw: if you are in the USA your local health department has your vaccination record & can issue a duplicate card.

4 Likes

I’m gonna drop it after this, but 3% is not ‘often’. 80% is ‘often’

Done.

It never ceases to amaze me the crass and crude way people see other peoples suffering. This is why the dotard attracted so many like-minded

5 Likes

I live in Mexico. The Covid death rate here is 10% :frowning:

Awful. So many things factor into it. I truly grieve for families. My 87 yr old dad with cancer has been fortunate so far. He is fully vaccinated. His lady friend is too. Me too.

Heated family discussion about ok to be maskless with careful vaccinated people & must continue masks at grocery etc because don’t know if others are vaccinated & variants.

Damn Fox news and their anti-whatever views. And smack my jackass cousin whap back of the head for same & telling dad.

6 Likes

78% of the people that got Covid wore a mask religiously. I always wear a mask and gloves when I go out. That being said I think the only way to be 100% safe is to just stay home. Which is what I’ve been doing a lot of. My yard sure is looking nice since I have plenty of time to spend on it🤣

Please provide your source.

Hadwashing is a critical component in preventing infection.

Also from the beginning it was stated a mask will provide some protection to the wearer.

The greatest benefit is it keeps the wearer from spreading germs when they cough or sneeze. So it is caring for thy neighbor when you wear a mask.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

2 Likes

I understand wearing a mask may offer some protection but it also offers a false sense of security. People put a mask on and they think they’re fine to go anywhere they want…The virus is in the air. In Seattle 127 employees at Costco tested positive for Costco. The only safe spot in my opinion is staying home.

2 Likes

“Often” wearing a mask means nothing. All it takes is one infected person near you the times you didn’t wear one.

You can’t judge whether seat belts save lives by studying people who only use them some of the time.

Masks work to contain the spread of airborne diseases, it’s a proven fact. Those who claim they caught Covid even though they wear a mask have some other factor at play where they let their guard down.

I’m not saying it’s impossible to contract the virus if you do everything possible to protect yourself, but it’s a very small chance.

7 Likes

It may be better than nothing but not totally effective.The virus is very tiny and can go right through a mask that’s why so many people that have worn a mask get the virus.

We know so much less about how and why it spread in the US because we had so few controls and restrictions compared to countries what controlled the virus well. There was a hodgepodge of poorly enforced policies. There was no required quarantining or contact tracing. And more than anything, people lie. So when they self report that they were careful, or always wore a mask or stayed home you can take all that with a big old grain of salt.

Lots of people saying they were careful but turns out when investigated and verified they did many things they shouldn’t have been doing.

8 Likes

May be part of it but based upon my highly informal just completed shopping tour of the Dollar Tree where almost all were wearing masks but about a third had d*ck nose, it’s not the mask’s fault if they get infected.

3 Likes

And what some people consider to be a mask, like some loosely woven bandana, will of course offer little protection.

2 Likes

SO many people don’t even cover their nose or men Who pull their tshirts up over their nose.

The dollar tree I go to regularly broadcast over the speaker phone”please keep your mask over your nose!” Thankyou!

I totally agree with that.Most of the people I know who got Covid went to parties,even if it was outside socially distancing w masks they all got Covid. Also a lot of my friends flew, and then got Covid. Also people from large households were coming down w it too.Sometimes you can’t help it if you live w 10 people, you may be careful but ur teenage son that snuck out to a party won’t tell you but he will come back and infect the whole house. One may be a the loneliest number but it’s also the safest.