Can we just be nicer here?

Noooooooo! (need 20 so here is “Peace” emoji)

Erm … I have a feeling Billy Bob was being humorous!

2 Likes

Natalie, I am like you but worse, I have been lurking for years and very rarely posting.

As you know in the last couple of days my last post has created quite a stir and now that I have worked through it and the moderator has been supportive I am finding that I feel like I have a voice.

I now feel that I can contribute, hit likes and write comments, before that I always felt like I was an outsider and should keep my head down.

8 Likes

I always appreciated her comments and wondered where she was when I was going through my dramas over the last couple of days. I thought she would be a voice of reason and when she didn’t comment I thought she must have been ill.

2 Likes

I think it is a Huge loss that Kona is gone.
I can not imagine that this is a positive move for this site.
I am also concerned about the subtle undercurrent going on. The dynamics are very unsettling right now.
Kona was definitely Not the person causing discomfort or failing to be civil. I hope she knows this.

9 Likes

I feel exactly the same .

1 Like

Oh.
Maybe you’re right …don’t know why my giggle-meter didn’t work. Well, if he doesn’t return, I guess we’ll know for sure.

For clarification there is more than one moderator on this forum. Kona is the only one who is no longer a moderator.

1 Like

Did Kona close her account as well? I haven’t seen her around recently.

2 Likes

Was Kona harassed by someone?

@konacoconutz You’ve got lots of support and quite a few people would love to have you back, judging by the posts above :wink:.

6 Likes

Among other things @konacoconutz is dealing with a hurricane bearing down on the Big Island. @Brittany_Anderson is as well btw. I’m not the praying kind but I am thinking of them. I won’t try speaking for Kona beyond that.

7 Likes

Scary. My closest encounter with a hurricane was with Fran in 1996. It arrived in NC’s Triangle around the time I did - with my mother, who was visiting. If I recall correctly we didn’t have electricity the first three days we were there, because of Fran.

I hope @konacoconutz will be Ok, and everyone else in the hurricane’s path. And of course, we all hope she will come back soon to the forum.

5 Likes

Yes unfortunately and very ironically by the mod and some of the newer members here advocating ‘can we just be nicer here’. Go figure.

When people asked where Kona was on another thread, it was locked by the same mod.

I wish Kona all the best and am thankful for all the wise counsel she has offered over the years and her great sense of humour.

1 Like

Well said Cabinhost, a lot of us here support you, don’t be intimidated.

5 Likes

Who was gossiping?All I read are people asking where she is. Not sure what happened.But something is not right. Out of all people…Kona left

7 Likes

Kona was (and is off the forum) a smart, supportive, and tough cookie, who deserved far, far better than she got here. She didn’t pull her punches and she told you the truth, as she saw it. I didn’t always agree with her, but I always respected her. To me, she was the heart and soul of the forum because she chimed in on all of it, even long after I was burnt out from the repetition.

You knew where you stood with Kona - she was a straight(er) shooter. In lieu of rehashing moderator business I will say I stepped down as Mod in protest of how she was treated.

Also, I want to say that Karma’s words above - about this not being a ‘safe space’ for all hosts and their behavior - is how I feel. As usual, Karma put into eloquent words how I feel.

9 Likes

Well said – you’re no slouch in the “word department” either.

It’s a sad state of affairs, all of this. I’m hurtin’.

2 Likes

Me, too. I don’t like any of it, and the spin is literally the insult to injury, but it is out of my hands, I have to assume. I’ve got a new retirement to enjoy and I’m in touch with Kona on Facebook. I’ll DM you Sandy…

2 Likes

You are exactly right. It wasn’t gossip. There are still people who are learning that Kona is no longer a moderator. And if posts about it are removed in the name of “respect,” it’s only going to confuse people and prolong the disruption. Maybe that’s the goal.

7 Likes