Can I See the Total Fee a Guest Would Pay?

A guest is inquiring about a future date and wants to know exactly what the total would be for her, including Airbnb fees. Is that something I can see? If so, I don’t know how.

Open a private page and don’t log in and attempt to book your place - you see what a potential guest sees.

1 Like

Yes, just choose the dates on your calendar and click “Open Price Calculator” and it will show you “guest will pay” for those dates. You can change the number of guests and such too. But… the service fees can change a little bit depending on her stay history and where she is, etc so warn her that the service fees are close but not exact.

BTW, I use this “guest will pay” feature quite a lot when pricing. It’s very useful! There’s also a tab for your payout that you can click on from the same feature.

Edit to add: When using the Price Calculator feature, select only the nights they will be staying, not the check-in/check-out dates. E.g. If the guest is going to stay Feb 3-6 (the nights of 3, 4, 5 and checking out on the 6th) then you will choose Feb 3, 4, 5 to run the numbers for that stay. I don’t know why it’s that way, but it is and could throw you off if you didn’t notice.

2 Likes

If you go to an INCOGNITO tab in your browser (in CHROME, anyway). go to your own listing. Put in the dates, and it will show exactly what THEY will pay (not what YOU will get!)

You can get both of these from the Price Calculator as well. The service fees can vary a bit for different factors whether using the price calculator or the incognito search - Airbnb warns of this so it’s always best to let the guest know that the fees may change slightly .

4 Likes

I don’t need to go to incognito to try to book my own place to find out. It just won’t let me actually book my place if I try to.

1 Like

True! It doesn’t need to be incognito. You can’t get the exact fees for that guest unless you’re logged in as them anyways, so it doesn’t matter. It’s actually all right there in the calendar anyways. There is no benefit in looking at the listing page at all.

Just be careful if you do. I’ve heard this host will totally collect those extra guests fees :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks to you both for the correction, and info!

2 Likes

No worries. I have no extra guest to bring anymore…now those pet fees on the other hand…I’d be paying up handsomely for bringing all them with me! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks, all, for the good info.

What about for a reservation that is already booked. Can you see that with a complete breakdown of pricing?

1 Like

No. You used to be able to go to the Change Reservation and “trick” it into showing you the breakdown but they changed it awhile back and just show a total of what the guest would pay.

The only way I’ve found now is to recreate the price of the nights on your calendar and then do the Price Calculator. E.g. If your guest’s total cost (without cleaning fee) {which can be found by clicking on their reservation on your calendar} shows “$150 x 7 = $1050” then you could put “$1050” on one of the nights on your calendar (or $150 on 7 nights, I guess), click on that and do the price calculator, assuming your cleaning fee and extra guest fees haven’t changed since their booking it will give you the number breakdown of what your guests paid. Excepting of course the fact that the service fee may vary a bit. Hope this helps.

1 Like

@RebeccaF I don’t understand- why can the guest herself not do this, why is she asking you?

Lots of guests ask their host for stuff they could easily do themselves…annoying sometimes but a part of the gig.

3 Likes

Just let the guest know if she puts in future dates, number of guests etc the price should come including taxes, fees etc.

You can of course do it yourself but much easier for the guest to do it themselves

1 Like

This guest is brand new.

1 Like

When they are brand new, @RebeccaF, I do a step-by-step for them of how to check for themselves. I ask them (nicely) to try it and let me know what came up for them. And I check myself to see that it is correct. It’s the perfect time to put them on the path of looking things up for themselves. Creating savvy guests one guest at a time :slight_smile:
A saved message really helps with this. One note about saved messages, though. Do check the terms used, as changes happen overnight. In Canadian English, for instance, the “Book” button has been renamed the “Reserve” button. The app is different than the website. Things like that.

4 Likes

Thank you for helping us all by doing this. I know it can be a pain. I just dealt with a guest cancellation where the guest with 5 prior reviews said she didn’t see any mention of a pet fee in the “extra charges” section. Nevermind that the first paragraph of my description listing states the pet fee. So I suggested she cancel and find another airbnb. I assured her that this far in advance I’m sure she could find a cheaper one that accepts pets, probably with no fee. (I’ll take the last minute traveler with pets and make $20 per night, thank you very much).

Even guests with prior reviews don’t know how it works at times.

4 Likes