Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Can I do a reservation change to add an extra day at a different price?

As the title says, I’m wondering if it’s possible to submit a reservation change request that adds a day to a guest’s reservation at a different price (either higher or lower) than the nightly rate for the existing reservation. When I look at the reservation change page, it looks like I would have to alter both the dates and the nightly rate to make the final price come out the same as if I had offered one extra day at a different price, but maybe I’m missing something.

@Brian_R170 I think I understand, and if so, then I have done this exact thing. I had to alter the date and then do the math and change the entire price but did it all at once. So, they had a total price instead of the nightly price . I believe I had to add the cleaning fee back in as well.
I used a calculator :nerd_face: Is that what you mean?

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean.

Basically, what happened is that I have a guest coming at the end of next week for wedding, they’re arriving on the day of the rehearsal and the rehearsal starts at 1pm, but check-in is 3pm. They just asked me for a crazy early check-in between 8am and 9am to get ready for the rehearsal and I said that normal checkout is 11am and I would need to reserve the entire previous night in order to ensure that works, but I would only charge them 1/3 of the nightly rate for the extra 7 hours.

In reality, that day isn’t actually bookable by other guests due to my minimum stay and preparation time requirements (unless the previous guest cancels), so I think it’s a fair deal to both host and guest.

3 Likes

Can’t you just make a special offer?

I don’t know. Would that effectively create a new 1-day reservation that is back-to-back with the previous one?

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!