Can I check in early?

He will probably be just fine… But sometimes you get a funny feeling about guests… You just can’t put your finger on it.

4 Likes

So sleepover it was. She was here from 11:23pm to 6:59am. I was hoping since she has a truck she would carry him away early in the morning with her but no. So I fully expect him to be here until 11 am.

Another review for him appeared last night from a host in Las Vegas. The review says “nice guest, welcome anytime.” But it only shows him as “recommended by one host.” So I’m thinking the LV host gave a thumbs down. I can’t remember if it said recommended with the single review earlier yesterday. In the guest’s effusive review of the host he mentions that he accidentally booked the wrong dates but host was still able to accommodate him so that must be it.

I’ll see if he happens to admit she was here and offer to pay, though I don’t expect that at all. After he checks out and I see how the room is I’ll put in the request for the second person payment. If he accepts and the room is in good condition he will be thumbs up with star deductions. If he ignores the request, thumbs down and 1 star on house rules.

@SandyToes I didn’t hear anything and neither did the dogs.

2 Likes

@KKC

I’ll betcha’ that’s cuz’ he was flying under the radar and not wanting you to be aware of his overnight guest…but don’t mind me, it’s the ol’ grinch who no longer trusts in my fellow man, and all that. … :confused: - Hope I’m wrong.

5 Likes

The second person charge is only $5. It’s sad really. 20 minutes until check out time and I still haven’t heard a thing. Time to send a message and start vacuuming in the rest of the house.

2 Likes

Yes, get to it! I wouldn’t feel too confident when he doesn’t have his own wheels…eek!

Water heater just kicked on so that means he’s up. He arrived via Uber. I assume he will leave the same way.

He didn’t leave via Uber, he walked away down the street towards restaurants. He left the room fairly clean though there was the top tear off of the Trojan package on the floor along with 2 cents. That would have been my cue to look at the security footage if I hadn’t already been suspicious. I think I’m just going to put in for the $5 and call it even.

2 Likes

Good call. I just love happy endings…er, you know what I mean. … :relaxed:

(hmmm…I don’t know what the top end of a Trojan package looks like…wonder what happened to the rest of it – oh no, maybe down the toilet!)

4 Likes

I’m hoping it made it into the trash which I’m not going to closely examine. He promptly accepted the $5 second person charge request without argument so he’s got a thumbs up from me.

3 Likes

He really owed only $4.98. … :rofl:

I’m glad your record of no red flag guests is still intact!

1 Like

And I thought it had been a long time for me…:sunglasses:

5 Likes

What if you only allowed early check in for guests who both had good reviews and left good reviews for other hosts (which you can easily check by using this free Chrome extension called Air Review)? I know one of my long standing pet peeves is collective punishment, i.e., none of us can get early check in because some people are jerks.

The fellow I allowed to check in early yesterday turned out to be okay.

1 Like

You are too funny. At first I didn’t know what it was - I thought it was a rolled up pair of undies.

1 Like

Karma, I know we have different styles, and this is my two cents only.

This is not a guest worthy of a thumbs up. Here’s my thinking…

He did several things to bug you, first off. Then he had someone over against your rules, and would have walked away from it had you not caught it. Was this a hooker? if this is a guy from out of town, just who did he have over? Then the late checkout. There are many examples of disrespect here and I would NOT want to host this clown. Therefore, I disagree with the thumbs up. He meant to deceive you and would have gotten away with it if you had not have caught him. I dunno. This is just my .02 cents.

6 Likes

Oh no no no, not only early check in, but also they keep asking for late check out. This is my next guests demanding that:
Dear Mirta, our train arrives at 11:19 (on the 16.02) at the central station, i believe we will arrive half an hour later at the apartment! Is it possible to check in then?
And our train back leaves at 17:40 (on 18.02). When is the checkout possible?
Thank you very much and best regards
Today at 7:30 AM · Constanze
So why I established check in and check out times at my listings? This is the most annoying thing about hosting.

3 Likes

This gets me to thinking. I wish they had an option of a half thumbs up. Recommend with conditions. The way it is set up now, You have to choose one or the other… which is why I sometimes forego reviewing the meh guests.

2 Likes

(I’m trying to picture how to do a graphic of a thumb half up.) :thinking:

1 Like

Mine was a donat factory ! Worked all night for fresh donuts at 7 am. 45 years later I can’t eat donuts

3 Likes

Ice cream parlor when I waitressed in college. Came home after my weekend shifts soaked in that sour milk smell. Couldn’t eat ice cream for years. Manager hit on me, obnoxious students walked out without paying. After several shifts where they wouldn’t let me punch in because it wasn’t “busy enough” (have some free ice cream, they said, while you wait. Blech.) – I went to a party instead, arrived an hour late for my shift (in a rather mellow condition), they were frantic busy, “Where were you?” I said “OK, from now on I will get here when you ask me to, and I will punch in as soon as I get here.” Guess I learned some assertiveness! Also I was quite popular in my dorm because I always had tip change for the laundry machines.

5 Likes

I worked several retail jobs but the one that stands out (and will show my age) is the candy dept at Sears when I was in high school. We had to clean that gross popcorn machine every night so I always left smelling like palm oil which is what it was cooked in. We had piñatas on the shelves above the department and we used to use the giant cans of oil to stand on and get them down for customers. One day I was working by myself, had people lined up all the way around the circular department. Someone wanted a piñata. I hurried and somehow slipped climbing up, pushing the top of the can aside. My leg went into the can of semi-solid oil to above my knee. This made a huge mess and obviously slowed me down, but some of the customers started yelling at me, asking if they were ever going to get their candy or popcorn and what was taking so long. As a teenager it was too much. I ran in the back room bawling. I toughened up after that experience.

2 Likes