Booking Contract

Totally agree.

Give the same vibe as all the posts here that start off with “I’m a Superhost…”

3 Likes

Spend even a few minutes researching and you’ll find AirBnB is not noted for protecting hosts. With a property of that size, you need to protect yourself. Don’t rent out over VRBO/HomeAway without a contract - you are expected to protect yourself there.
Are you at least an on-site host for a property of that size?

1 Like

I am not an on-site host. I do require they purchase the insurance on vrbo. Doesn’t that help in being covered?

Yes, I really hated that comment, rubbed me the wrong way!

It depends what you mean by protected. Sorry to sound vague but your protections against most issues are going to be a) your co-host keeping an eye on things and being on hand to solve issues b) any local laws that might mandate such things as quiet hours, noise pollution and so on and b) your STR insurance - it’s worth paying extra for a great one.

Do remember though that this is just a request. There are plenty more where that came from.

Being covered, perhaps - up to the extent of the insurance. But avoiding issues is the best way to protect yourself. I’ve had guests practically begging to book, until they read in the contract that we will evict them for smoking in the house… then they disappear. Contracts and positive identification are a good way to avoid issues in the first place.

When you say this, @deej1103, it’s important to know that Airbnb’s “host guarantee” can be VERY hard to collect through. I wouldn’t count on it at all as any sort of protection. You need separate STR insurance.

1 Like

Hence my winky face.

I would never have a place that big without an on-site host! Even if you just have someone with a bunk in a toolshed. Weddings can get pretty rowdy with the wrong guests. I hope that you have remote video monitoring of outdoor areas?