Blank message. What to do?

I got one too. Named Jared.
Also airbnb has review posting problems.After host and guest both wrote reviews, the reviews won’t be posted right way. Have to wait for 14 days to post both reviews. I have called airbnb couple of times in last 2 weeks to report the problem, but nothing gets fixed.

Yes, I got one too - from Linda in Shropshire

I also had one. Must be some kind of bug in the site.

i am also facing this problem since morning. it only shows “conversation with guest” but there is no booking request and no message displayed

The site must just be buggy. I hope it straightens out.
Just after I got the blank message I got two more messages from air. One saying to review my last guest and one saying my last guest had reviewed me. I left my review and still can not see my guest’s review. So like @Ping I am also having other issues.

This has happened to me several times.
When I raised it, they sent me a link to ‘A 6-year-old’s guide to how to leave a review’.
After breaking down my issue description into smaller, more digestible chunks a little kid could comprehend, they said they had looked into it and it was fixed.

And it happened again!

1 Like

And there’ll be world peace :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey a girl can dream :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Dream away, girl! :relieved:

Dreaming costs nothing, aside from missing the morning bus and being late to work, perhaps!

1 Like

The Facebook groups are reporting this same thing too. Come on … 31 billion dollar company needs to fix this asap. What is it Astaire… you are a tech chap! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

LOL @konacoconutz, this is not so much a technical issue as a management one. The folks in charge at Airbnb can’t seem to hire the right engineers. I could come with a long list of things on the Airbnb software that need fixing.

Or maybe I’ll build my own hosting platform. Let’s call it astairebnb :smile:

4 Likes

Do we get top hats to wear? If so I am in.

2 Likes

Yeah! And you can leave your hat on!

And it’ll be better than putting on the Ritz!! :smile:

1 Like

Love it!! Let’s do it!!!

1 Like

Haha, glad to hear you’re in favour of this @konacoconutz! We must now convene a meeting - we can use the Six Thinking Hats approach to come up with the plan!!

I just got a message from someone saying they can’t book, that they keep getting asked for a photo. I can see a clear photo in their profile.

I see the same problem across several users on Smartbnb. There is ABSOLUTELY no metadata associated with the conversation. Guests have apparently genuinely not sent any message; it’s not that Airbnb didn’t relay the message; there were, really, no messages at all from the guest. Seems like a conversation is started out of the blue.

Which should be a very serious concern.

3 Likes

The blank messages keep coming in. I got 2 today.

Got two, myself. My first thought was virus or ransomware. Let’s hope not. Interestingly, I’ve also suddenly received a string of cancellations. I usually get one on occasion, but I’ve had 6 in two days with no note from the guest (they usually send one). Might be unrelated, but kind of odd.

I got one today. Do you usually ask the person if they meant to send you a msg?