Best vacuum , cordless,lightweight

Can he come and do my place when he has finished yours? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the rec. Is it the Deik with the heavy large handle, the mostly black one with the hand held vacuum at the bottom or the mostly red one with the hand held vacuum at the bottom? I see there on Amazon and some are only $67ā€¦Iā€™d love a good lightweight vacuum and have returned the Dyson stick and the Shark does not work very wellā€¦not as much suction on those as an electric oneā€¦

Itā€™s a grey handle.You can view it on Amazon but I think itā€™s sold out right now. Itā€™s lightweight I got it for my husband who does the vacuuming because the other one was a real hassle and he had to keep bending down and he suffers from chronic migraine this one is easy for him to use a doesnt exacerbate his headaches. Youā€™re more likely to use it if itā€™s cordless and easy and to use. If you have to pull a heavy monster out of the closet I donā€™t even want to vacuum my house!

I am a Shark navigator fan for the corded vacuum. I want my next purchase to be their cordless version.

Maybe Iā€™m just a sucker for infomercials but I do like my Shark. Iā€™ve put one in each of my 3 rentals, one in my home, & one in my Dadā€™s home. For the price, it works great!

Shark vacuum

1 Like

I agree on the ease of use and using it more often! But I did get a shark with a huge top heavy handle that was an ergo no-no and a dyson that was impossible to empty so I am looking for a new stick vacuumā€¦i dont know which model is the grey one thoughā€¦

We just had a guest trash our vacuum and need to replace it. We have bought Sears Kenmore canister style for years. The last one though was maybe 5-6 years ago. They used to be $300-$500. Now they look a lot less expensive. Very odd, are they built cheaper and with less quality now?

Thanks for the insite on the Deik. Based on the recommendation I just purchased it and it is great. This is the best I have had for our airbnb offering. Now if it will hold up for longevity I will be really pleased. Again thanks. Regards, Curt Peterson

I use a metal chopstick to clean out the dyson. Emptying them is the most annoying thing about them but they do seem to work better than any others Iā€™ve tried. Incidentally, the chopstick (and its mate)
were found by the plumber whilst cleaning out the blocked sink in the Airbnb.

2 Likes

Every time I empty my Dyson I use canned air (like for computer cleaning) or my leaf blower to blow out the inside chamber. A couple of times a year I take it apart and wash it Itā€™s kind of tricky to do though and I donā€™t recommend it to everyone.

2 Likes

I bought one for my daughter for a birthday gift and she just loves it.Easy to use, no dragging out the heavy canister and dealing with the cord. She couldnā€™t say enough good things about it.The only problem is sometimes its not available for sale,I geuss the factory gets behind in ordersšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Eufy is one of the best cordless vacuum cleaners I have used so far. It has huge battery capacity - 2200mAh and also offers 28.8V of high-voltage suction power. Moreover, it is not that must costly and will come under $100.

My Dyson stick vacuum is now losing battery charge after a couple of years. :thinking:

Iā€™ve just tried the Diek after reading about it from another host on here, and I am totally in love with it! At US$ 86.00, itā€™s a bargain any my new treasure.

Oh! Iā€™ve always thought that the red emoji you use, was an angry satanic image, so I wasnā€™t sure how to take it. At best, I just assumed you were being mischievous, a bit of a ā€˜devilā€™ on certain posts Maybe I should put my reading glasses onā€¦

2 Likes

over a couple of days, I pretty much taught myself how to strip a Dyson, and tackle every filter. Most satisfying that I can get the best out of it now. Unfortunately, the motor is starting to run a bit hot after 10minutes use, that may well be beyond my capamabilities.

3 Likes

I have been searching for a new vacuum cleaner for my new home. Which one should I try for?

I use a cordless Dyson . The battery is rubbish. It can barley do a few rooms.

2 Likes

I like vacuuming
I loathe doing beds
I grab the vac the wife gets the beds

My cleaning lady refuses to use anything besides a Kirby. She lugs hers to every job. Right now I have a Dyson upright in the city and a Dyson canister in the Catskills. I have my sights on a Miele for our next purchase, but it will have to be used. Too rich for my blood, otherwise.

@LeceyT I have two Dysons in my main house (standup and cordless) and just replaced a Dyson Ball unit in my guest house.

I didnā€™t go with a cordless because I didnā€™t want to be dependent on battery duration and I wanted additional accessories / power to clean upholstery, underneath furniture, etc. I found this unit (Shark) on sale at Costco and (so far) itā€™s been better than the older Dyson Ball it replaced. A nice feature is the light at the base so you can see what itā€™s picking up.
https://www.costco.com/Shark-DuoClean-with-Zero-M-Lift-Away-Upright-Vacuum.product.100487494.html

HOWEVER, since OP asked about cordless, when I replace my current Dyson cordless, Iā€™d seriously look at this LG, which has longer life and comes with 2 batteries.
https://www.costco.com/LG-CordZero-Charge-Plus-Cordless-Rechargeable-Vacuum.product.100432890.html

3 Likes