Best list I have seen for any new host starting out - this is the reality!

Thanks Lisa. Yes I have already done that, we are getting other builders to fix it. It will end up costing us more. We have told him he is never to come near our property again. The guy told us yesterday that he will be attending to accompany our expert witness when he inspects the building work! I don’t think so!

I’m still scared to contact Air BnB, even though I have a crime number now.

Good corrections! I live in a state where law requires that we register all guests. I’d rather upset airbnb than break the local law.

@Hut

You’ve already got a live topic regarding your issue, it’s best if you keep anything to do with that in there, else you might miss a reply or vice versa, another member might miss an update from you.

JF

2 Likes

Regarding Rental Agreement- I use a PMS system that lets me send every guest, regardless of platform, an agreement that I have all guests sign prior to check-in. It saved my bacon on a recent chargeback issue on VRBO where guests are quick to do these chargebacks.
The required agreement verbiage is in my House Rules.
You’re saying these agreements are not allowed on Airbnb? I will continue to use them to protect my home.

1 Like

News to us. People often require a separate signed contract for the rentals, regardless of what OTA they book thru. And AirBnB allows for the host to ask for any money they want for any reason as long as it is disclosed up front. Guest can agree or not agree to accept it.

1 Like

We were reimbursed for fuests that took a cat inside our NO PERS ALLOWED apt. We kept the entires week rent and also the $250 security deposit due to needing yo have carpet cleaning done due to the cat.
We called aitbnb and sent photos and we also tecieved $250 gor damages to sheets and mattress cover pad.
We thew these ppl out on night two of a one week rental.
Airbnb was great thru the entire process.
I do agree they did threaten to suspend our acct until it was resolved and wasnt happy w that whatsoever.
We have a 5 star teview from every guest that has ever stayed and Immsure that takes
Into acct the decisions they make in certain siruations.

this is accurate to my experience in USA.

things have generally declined for hosts over the past three years as well as shipping out customer services centers to the philippines which are consequently aweful.

The only thing I would add to this is claiming for damages is made extremely difficult and tedious, requiring receipts regardless of age of items, and quite often does not reimburse hosts for the losses incurred.

1 Like