Be wary of scammers during this difficult time

You’ll find more information here.

JF

2 Likes

We’ve received this same request on both the Airbnb and HomeAway platforms. Definitely a scam.

Hello, can someone please give answer about this message… Scammers booked my place obviously and I receive this message on my mail:

"Hi Marko,
After a full review of your account activity, we have decided to remove you from the Airbnb community. This means you can no longer access your account and cannot create a new one.
You were removed because we determined that the payments for reservations HMH2…, HM3H… may be fraudulent.
We previously warned you about fraudulent payments on 2020-12-24.
This is a violation of the Security section of the Airbnb Community Standards, which you agreed to in the Terms of Service.
Any upcoming reservations have been canceled and guests have been notified and fully refunded.
We consider this decision final.
You can read more about removal from the Airbnb community at: "

So guests have been in my place… I receive payment and I didn’t receive any mail on 2020-12-24…I am not using any credit cards, paypall nothing only bank account… So can anybody give me answer what is happening here? Can I return back my account 100+ reviews was there… Also what about money need to give money back? I will give it, it is not small amount but to get my account back… Also, could they take money from my bank account? They took payment not me from scam credit card… What to do now? Please give me answer…