Be a showoff! Let us see your listing

I love your bird wallpaper - it makes me smile!

@KenH Beautiful! I have one question, you require a full frontal photograph of all your guests. I like this, but how do you get the companion to the person booking to either create an Airbnb profile correctly or send a picture to you? I am getting pushback when I asked for just the names of all the adults in the group, and I’m talking about groups as many as six adults. I had one guest recently that said it felt invasive and weird for me to ask that even though I told them why I was asking - for security purposes. Thanks

Well, the big difference is we only take two guests, not parties of 99% of our guests re couples, and 99% of them are ‘older’ couples, and their avatar picture shows a nice photo of the two of them. The handful of ‘non-compliance’ folks have so far been Inquiries, not Requests, so I just tell them I’d be happy to accept their booking after they’ve either changed their avatar picture or sent me a photo with their Inquiry.

To a prospective guest who felt you were being “invasive” I would say that you are not a Marriott with a private security staff; this is your private home and you have every right to know who is coming. Just as you, Prospective Guest have a right to know who is walking into his/her own home before you allow them in the front door.

1 Like

Here is one of 5 cottages that we rent in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. The beach is a 5 minute walk away from this property.
This is Salt Bay Cottage

3 Likes

I still see sections hidden by Airbnb.

I love your place! Great photos.

Do you mind if I ask about next summer’s bookings – I was looking at your calendar and saw that you have large chunks of July and August unavailable. Are those already booked, or do you have them blocked for some other reason? I’m asking because I had an inquiry last week (via homeaway, which does not have IB) asking if I would do a single night rental in August next year. I said no, and immediately changed my summer rates to much higher ones. I’m wondering if this strategy (very high rates for the people who are likely to book months ahead) is a good one.

I just looked at my calendar for next summer and I see that my calendar is wide open. That’s odd?

Thank you btw :wink: this has been a journey, renovating all these cottages

Nope - from mid June through August I see only Saturdays as being available.

Oh wait – is that because guest have to arrive on Saturday? Yup, it is – answered my own question.

1 Like

Omg!!! You are right!!! I don’t see that when I go onto my site but I do see that it’s blocked now! WTH?
Thank you for letting me know

That is a little weird – I can see that if a guest is looking at a property without specific dates in mind, and then they ran into that particular situation on the calendar, they might move on to another listing, thinking it’s unavailable.

2 Likes

I see what’s happened. I am on my owners page so of course…and I changed the availability to be a weekly only

Yeah that is not good

Yeah I don’t like that! You are absolutely correct in thinking that it looks to be blocked. They would definitely need to have dates already in mind. Damn that is not good

And, if the dates they put in don’t start on Saturday, I’m guessing your property would not come up in the search results either…?

The villa in Palm Springs is absolutely amazing!! I can just see the Rat Pack hanging by the pool cocktails in hand. It’s such a lovely place, great light, art and well appointed.

1 Like

@cascobay207 fantastic. Head and shoulders above many others I have seen in OOB.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I refuse to decorate with the typical beach theme items!
I appreciate your compliment!

1 Like

Thank you! :blush: Yes it’s got a great flow that is made for entertaining. We’ve put so much work and money into it and hope to have it for a long time… or as long as before the market crashes haha.

1 Like

I was reading your bio on Airbnb. I’m from Maine as well!!! What a difference in location!

2 Likes